Love TR!

Love TR!

Posted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 3:53 pm
Author: Ikeepforgetting Location: Izmir, Turkiye

Pictures taken in this delightful country. Enjoy! Smile

Re: Love TR!

Posted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 11:36 am

Took this the other day in Alsancak, Izmir.

Posted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:17 pm

Plants galore! Smile

Posted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:53 pm
Author: Carole

I love the creative plant pot!

Posted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 1:33 pm

- piglet

I love the creative plant pot!

And I hope you'll like the recipes in the other thread piglet! Smile

Posted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 1:35 pm

Here's a pic of the gift boxes that people buy to give during the month of Ramazan. There are many choices available in all the different supermarkets. This one was in a shop called KIPA - in England known as Tesco.
The boxes usually contain things like packets of tea, rice, sugar, may be a tin of olive oil or cooking oil, a pot of jam, some olives and dates- depending on the price. Prices range from about 20 TL to over 60 TL. 27 TL is about ten pounds sterling.

Posted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 12:15 pm

It's interesting to see how these international companies adapt to local customs!
Here the IKEA restaurant serves an evening meal for those who wish to break their fast during the month of Ramazan.
They serve a few olives, tomato soup, pitta bread, Swedish meatballs with chips, a side salad and a special Turkish dessert made from dried, white, wafer thin sheets of cornstarch pastry, milk, sugar and rose water.
Very authentic Ramazan dishes.
Info re the dessert güllaç
The whole meal costs 10.95 TL, roughly 4 or 5 pounds sterling. It's good value in TR. In a simple Turkish restaurant a similar meal would cost around 10 or 12 TL and actually it would be nicer and tastier.
As they say- one man's meat............ Smile

PS On the poster it says -Iftara bekleriz- this means We're expecting you for the evening meal or Come and break your fast with us.