±Save On Expat Insurance

±Your Account

Create Account
and get our Guide to Moving Abroad - FREE! 

Username
Password

Forgotten password/username?

±Get Email Updates

Notify me when new content is added

±Social Media - Follow Us!

Expat Focus - It may be unconstitutional but...... - Portugal Forum Portugal - It may be unconstitutional but......

Expat Focus

Portugal

It may be unconstitutional but......

It may be unconstitutional but......

Posted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 7:40 am
Author: Mattiespeople Location: Vale Da Telha

See link:

www.bbc.co.uk/news/wor...e-18732184

Re: It may be unconstitutional but......

Posted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 2:34 pm
Author: Ingles Location: Portugal

Our beloved PM Pedro Coelho (Peter Rabbit) was all a tiz when he interviewd over this on TV last night Embarassed
But even thou the court stated the above , it appears these "cut's" going to stand at least for this year.

In this mornings Diário de Noticias it was reported that he want's to also to try to extend this idea into the Private Business Sector to try to balance the scales which at the present are down on the Public Sector side

Synopsis :- This is purley my personal thoughts
If the Private BS adopt this idea the only way I feel this will help Portugal out of the ---t state it's in ,is that the increase in sales of High Quality imported Cars at least the IVA & Tax paid on them will end up in the States coffers.

Business's will attempt to "lose" the extra profit this will obviously generate to try to keep there Tax Demands down.

A quote I read some time ago
"I know loads of people in Portugal who own 2-3 houses but they have no teeth"

Re: It may be unconstitutional but......

Posted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 11:47 pm
Author: Liberace2 Location: UK

Why not do what the successful Icelanders did, let the banks take the pain and restart with a new currency. Might even base it on a gold standard ?
Put the cat among the pidgeons !
Why should the innocent suffer for the grasping swines at the top?