±JOIN OUR NEWSLETTER
Get useful expat articles, health and financial news, social media recommendations and more in your inbox each month - free!
±Compare Expat Providers
±Expat Focus Partners
±Latest Financial Articles
· Expat Focus Financial Update November 2017
· What Might Brexit Mean For Expat Finances?
· Halloween Traditions in Countries Across the World
· Expat Focus Financial Update October 2017
· How To Make The Most Of Your Retirement Abroad
· Expat Focus Financial Update September 2017
· 10 Things To Think About Before You Move Abroad In Your Middle Age
· Expat Focus Financial Update August 2017
· What Could Higher Interest Rates Mean For Your Overseas Property Purchase?
It may be unconstitutional but......
It may be unconstitutional but......Posted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 12:40 pm
Author: Mattiespeople Location: Vale Da Telha
Re: It may be unconstitutional but......Posted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 7:34 pm
Author: Ingles Location: Portugal
Our beloved PM Pedro Coelho (Peter Rabbit) was all a tiz when he interviewd over this on TV last night
But even thou the court stated the above , it appears these "cut's" going to stand at least for this year.
In this mornings Diário de Noticias it was reported that he want's to also to try to extend this idea into the Private Business Sector to try to balance the scales which at the present are down on the Public Sector side
Synopsis :- This is purley my personal thoughts
If the Private BS adopt this idea the only way I feel this will help Portugal out of the ---t state it's in ,is that the increase in sales of High Quality imported Cars at least the IVA & Tax paid on them will end up in the States coffers.
Business's will attempt to "lose" the extra profit this will obviously generate to try to keep there Tax Demands down.
A quote I read some time ago
"I know loads of people in Portugal who own 2-3 houses but they have no teeth"
Re: It may be unconstitutional but......Posted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 4:47 am
Author: Liberace2 Location: UK
Why not do what the successful Icelanders did, let the banks take the pain and restart with a new currency. Might even base it on a gold standard ?
Put the cat among the pidgeons !
Why should the innocent suffer for the grasping swines at the top?
All times are GMT + 1 Hour