±JOIN OUR NEWSLETTER
±Compare Expat Providers
±Expat Focus Partners
±Latest Financial Articles
· How To Set Up A Bank Account In The UK - Advice For New Expats
· How To Reduce Your Debts While Living Abroad
· Expat Focus Financial Update 05 October 2016
· How To Open A Bank Account Abroad Without A Credit Rating
· Report: Complicated Tax Codes Forcing Americans To Give Up Citizenship
· Expat Focus Financial Update 26 September 2016
· Merrill Lynch Closing Brokerage Accounts For US Expats
· 7 Practical Tips For Saving Oodles Of Money As An Expat
· Expat Focus Financial Update 12 September 2016
±Latest Health Articles
· Expat Focus International Healthcare Update 30 September 2016
· Unusual Expat Illnesses And Injuries
· Expat Focus International Healthcare Update 14 September 2016
· 5 Places Where Healthcare Is Better Than The US
· Expat Focus International Healthcare Update 07 September 2016
· 5 Places Where Healthcare is Better Than The UK
· Expat Focus International Healthcare Update 24 August 2016
· Interview With Stephanie Eltz, Founder, Doctify
· Expat Focus International Healthcare Update 02 August 2016
It may be unconstitutional but......
It may be unconstitutional but......Posted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 7:40 am
Author: Mattiespeople Location: Vale Da Telha
Re: It may be unconstitutional but......Posted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 2:34 pm
Author: Ingles Location: Portugal
Our beloved PM Pedro Coelho (Peter Rabbit) was all a tiz when he interviewd over this on TV last night
But even thou the court stated the above , it appears these "cut's" going to stand at least for this year.
In this mornings Diário de Noticias it was reported that he want's to also to try to extend this idea into the Private Business Sector to try to balance the scales which at the present are down on the Public Sector side
Synopsis :- This is purley my personal thoughts
If the Private BS adopt this idea the only way I feel this will help Portugal out of the ---t state it's in ,is that the increase in sales of High Quality imported Cars at least the IVA & Tax paid on them will end up in the States coffers.
Business's will attempt to "lose" the extra profit this will obviously generate to try to keep there Tax Demands down.
A quote I read some time ago
"I know loads of people in Portugal who own 2-3 houses but they have no teeth"
Re: It may be unconstitutional but......Posted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 11:47 pm
Author: Liberace2 Location: UK
Why not do what the successful Icelanders did, let the banks take the pain and restart with a new currency. Might even base it on a gold standard ?
Put the cat among the pidgeons !
Why should the innocent suffer for the grasping swines at the top?
All times are GMT + 1 Hour