±JOIN OUR NEWSLETTER
Get expat health and financial news, interesting expat articles, social media recommendations and more in your inbox each month - free!
±Compare Expat Providers
±Expat Focus Partners
±Latest Financial Articles
· Buying Property In Europe? Here’s What Your Money Will Get You And Where
· Expat Focus Financial Update 18 January 2017
· Expat Focus Financial Update 12 January 2017
· Expat Focus Financial Update 05 January 2017
· Expat Focus Financial Update 22 December 2016
· Expat Investment Trust Opportunities After The Brexit Vote
· Expat Focus Financial Update 15 December 2016
· Why Is Demand For European Property Climbing Among British Investors?
· Expat Focus Financial Update 01 December 2016
±Latest Health Articles
· Expat Focus Healthcare Update 06 January 2017
· Expat Focus International Healthcare Update 22 December 2016
· Expat Focus International Healthcare Update 25 November 2016
· Expat Focus International Healthcare Update 10 November 2016
· Expat Focus International Healthcare Update 31 October 2016
· Expat Focus International Healthcare Update 19 October 2016
· Expat Focus International Healthcare Update 30 September 2016
· Unusual Expat Illnesses And Injuries
· Expat Focus International Healthcare Update 14 September 2016
It may be unconstitutional but......
It may be unconstitutional but......Posted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 7:40 am
Author: Mattiespeople Location: Vale Da Telha
Re: It may be unconstitutional but......Posted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 2:34 pm
Author: Ingles Location: Portugal
Our beloved PM Pedro Coelho (Peter Rabbit) was all a tiz when he interviewd over this on TV last night
But even thou the court stated the above , it appears these "cut's" going to stand at least for this year.
In this mornings Diário de Noticias it was reported that he want's to also to try to extend this idea into the Private Business Sector to try to balance the scales which at the present are down on the Public Sector side
Synopsis :- This is purley my personal thoughts
If the Private BS adopt this idea the only way I feel this will help Portugal out of the ---t state it's in ,is that the increase in sales of High Quality imported Cars at least the IVA & Tax paid on them will end up in the States coffers.
Business's will attempt to "lose" the extra profit this will obviously generate to try to keep there Tax Demands down.
A quote I read some time ago
"I know loads of people in Portugal who own 2-3 houses but they have no teeth"
Re: It may be unconstitutional but......Posted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 11:47 pm
Author: Liberace2 Location: UK
Why not do what the successful Icelanders did, let the banks take the pain and restart with a new currency. Might even base it on a gold standard ?
Put the cat among the pidgeons !
Why should the innocent suffer for the grasping swines at the top?
All times are GMT + 1 Hour