±JOIN OUR NEWSLETTER
Get expat health and financial news, interesting expat articles, social media recommendations and more in your inbox each month - free!
±Compare Expat Providers
±Expat Focus Partners
±Latest Financial Articles
· Expat Focus International Finance Update 14 March 2017
· Do Expats Really Need An Offshore Bank Account?
· American Living Abroad? Here's How To File Your Tax Return
· Where Do The World's Highest Paid Expats Live?
· Expat Focus Financial Update 08 March 2017
· 5 Reasons to Move to the Glittering Shores of Cyprus
· Expat Focus Financial Update 01 March 2017
· Expat Focus Financial Update 22 February 2017
· Expat Focus Financial Update 16 February 2017
±Latest Health Articles
· Moving Abroad? Read Our Essential Health Checklist
· Expat Focus International Healthcare Update 16 March 2017
· Coming To The UK? Here's What You Need To Know About The National Health Service
· How Can Telephone Counselling Help Expats Dealing With Loneliness Abroad?
· Expat Focus International Healthcare Update 02 March 2017
· Expat Focus International Healthcare Update 27 February 2017
· Could Moving Abroad Be The Key To Improving Your Health?
· Expat Focus International Healthcare Update 03 February 2017
· Expat Focus International Healthcare Update 20 January 2017
It may be unconstitutional but......
It may be unconstitutional but......Posted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 7:40 am
Author: Mattiespeople Location: Vale Da Telha
Re: It may be unconstitutional but......Posted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 2:34 pm
Author: Ingles Location: Portugal
Our beloved PM Pedro Coelho (Peter Rabbit) was all a tiz when he interviewd over this on TV last night
But even thou the court stated the above , it appears these "cut's" going to stand at least for this year.
In this mornings Diário de Noticias it was reported that he want's to also to try to extend this idea into the Private Business Sector to try to balance the scales which at the present are down on the Public Sector side
Synopsis :- This is purley my personal thoughts
If the Private BS adopt this idea the only way I feel this will help Portugal out of the ---t state it's in ,is that the increase in sales of High Quality imported Cars at least the IVA & Tax paid on them will end up in the States coffers.
Business's will attempt to "lose" the extra profit this will obviously generate to try to keep there Tax Demands down.
A quote I read some time ago
"I know loads of people in Portugal who own 2-3 houses but they have no teeth"
Re: It may be unconstitutional but......Posted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 11:47 pm
Author: Liberace2 Location: UK
Why not do what the successful Icelanders did, let the banks take the pain and restart with a new currency. Might even base it on a gold standard ?
Put the cat among the pidgeons !
Why should the innocent suffer for the grasping swines at the top?
All times are GMT + 1 Hour