±Get Our Free Expat Guide
Subscribe to the Expat Focus newsletter and get our Guide to Moving Abroad!
±Compare Expat Providers
±Expat Focus Partners
· International Investor? Important Issues To Consider
· Expat Focus Financial Update 06 June 2016
· Expat Focus Financial Update 30 May 2016
· The Best Countries For Expats According To The Personal Finance Index
· Expat Focus Financial Update 23 May 2016
· Expat Focus Financial Update 16 May 2016
· Expat Focus Financial Update 09 May 2016
· Expat Focus Financial Update 2 May 2016
· New Expat? Don't Become A Victim Of Bad Financial Advice
UK State Pension - Early Redemption/Takeup?
Subforums: Currency Transfer, Credit and Debt
I've lived in Thailand for the past 15 years and having been sucked dry by various 'lawyers' following an ongoing particularly heinous theft/fraud case, am now living in penury.
I've been told I could take up my fully paid up UK State Pension NOW (I checked the UK Pension's online calculator and have paid the requisite 40 years, although have heard now only 30), payable in full next April.
Is this possible? And if so, how much of a reduction would I have of the current 110 GBP for one year's shortfall?
The vultures are circling ... Thanks.
Share this topic and get more replies!
Expat Focus Preferred Health Insurance Partners
At Bupa we have been helping individuals and families live longer, healthier, happier lives for over 60 years. We are trusted by expats in 190 different countries and have links with healthcare organisations throughout the world. So whether you're moving abroad for a change of career or a change of scene, with our international private health insurance you will always be in safe hands.
Cigna has worked in international health insurance for more than 30 years. Today, Cigna has over 71 million customer relationships around the world. Looking after them is an international workforce of 31,000 people, plus a network of over 1 million hospitals, physicians, clinics and health and wellness specialists worldwide, meaning you have easy access to treatment.