±JOIN OUR NEWSLETTER
±Compare Expat Providers
±Expat Focus Partners
±Latest Financial Articles
· Expat Focus Financial Update May 2017
· An Expat Guide To Investing While Living Abroad
· Expat Focus Financial Update 27 April 2017
· Expat Focus Financial Update 21 April 2017
· Expat Focus Financial Update 12 April 2017
· Expat Focus International Finance Update 05 April 2017
· Expat Focus International Finance Update 29 March 2017
· Expat Focus International Finance Update 23 March 2017
· Expat Focus International Finance Update 14 March 2017
±Latest Health Articles
· Report: The Most Expensive European Destinations For Expat Health Insurance
· What Impact Will Brexit Have On Your Expat Healthcare?
· Report: The Countries With The Best Healthcare In The World
· A Guide to Healthcare for Expats with Chronic Illnesses
· 5 Tips For Expats Looking For Health Insurance
· Expat Focus International Healthcare Update 26 April 2017
· Expat Focus International Healthcare Update 13 April 2017
· A Guide To Healthcare For Expats With Chronic Illnesses
· Do You Need Terrorism Cover In Your Expat Health Insurance Package?
Speaking the LanguageBack to top Back to main Skip to menu
Abu Dhabi - Speaking the Language
English of course is the unofficial official language, even though Arabic is the official business language. Most of the official documentation is in Arabic, and some applications like educational and marriage certificates are accepted in this language only.
Road signs, street names and other public signages are always displayed in both Arabic and English. Berlitz UAE offers courses in a number of languages at its Abu Dhabi centre, including Arabic and English and is located at:
Zayed the First Street Bin Haiyai Bldg.
P.O.Box: 41720 Abu Dhabi
Tel.: +971 (2)6672287
Fax: +971 (2) 6672289
The Arabic Language Center, 'The Mother Tongue' specializes in the teaching of the language to non-native speakers, and can be contacted at:
Zayed 1st., M 2, Bin Fardan Building, Khalidaya
P.O. Box : 108566 Abu Dhabi, UAE
Tel.: +971 2 639 3838
Fax: +971 2 639 3855
As for children's education in Abu Dhabi, there is a wide choice of international schools. Expat communities from Europe, Australia, US, Indian and a host of others have established schools in Abu Dhabi which generally follow the curriculum followed in their home country, along with the internationally recognised GCSEs, A-levels, French and International Baccalaureate.
Some of the schools in Abu Dhabi:
The Abu Dhabi International Private School
P. O. Box 25898
Tel: 971 2 4434 433
Fax: 971 2 4436 052
The British School – Al Khubairat
Tel: +971 2 4462280
Fax: +971 2 4461915
American International School
29th Street, Airport Road
P.O.Box: 5992, Abu Dhabi
Tel: +971 2 4444-333
Fax +971 2 4444-005
Raha International School
Al Raha Gardens Development
Khalifa City 'A'
Tel: +971 2 556 1567
Fax: +971 2 556 1568
Expat Health Insurance Partners
Our award-winning expatriate business provides health benefits to more than 650,000 members worldwide. In addition, we have helped develop world-class health systems for governments, corporations and providers around the world. We want to be the global leader in delivering world-class health solutions, making quality health care more accessible and empowering people to live healthier lives.
At Bupa we have been helping individuals and families live longer, healthier, happier lives for over 60 years. We are trusted by expats in 190 different countries and have links with healthcare organisations throughout the world. So whether you're moving abroad for a change of career or a change of scene, with our international private health insurance you will always be in safe hands.
Cigna has worked in international health insurance for more than 30 years. Today, Cigna has over 71 million customer relationships around the world. Looking after them is an international workforce of 31,000 people, plus a network of over 1 million hospitals, physicians, clinics and health and wellness specialists worldwide, meaning you have easy access to treatment.