±JOIN OUR NEWSLETTER
±Compare Expat Providers
±Expat Focus Partners
±Latest Financial Articles
· Report: Complicated Tax Codes Forcing Americans To Give Up Citizenship
· Expat Focus Financial Update 26 September 2016
· Merrill Lynch Closing Brokerage Accounts For US Expats
· 7 Practical Tips For Saving Oodles Of Money As An Expat
· Expat Focus Financial Update 12 September 2016
· What Does It Take To Become An Expat? Some Things To Consider
· Expat Focus Financial Update 05 September 2016
· Should UK Expats In The UAE Transfer Their Pensions?
· Expat Focus Finance Update 29 August 2016
±Latest Health Articles
· Unusual Expat Illnesses And Injuries
· Expat Focus International Healthcare Update 14 September 2016
· 5 Places Where Healthcare Is Better Than The US
· Expat Focus International Healthcare Update 07 September 2016
· 5 Places Where Healthcare is Better Than The UK
· Expat Focus International Healthcare Update 24 August 2016
· Interview With Stephanie Eltz, Founder, Doctify
· Expat Focus International Healthcare Update 02 August 2016
· The Ten Best Countries For Healthcare In Europe
Getting ThereBack to top Back to main Skip to menu
Antigua and Barbuda - Getting There
When visiting Antigua you will need a valid passport and also an onward ticket or a round trip ticket. When you arrive you will need to fill in an immigration form. It is important to complete the form correctly to adhere to the strict immigration policies.
You can get flights to the island with most of the US based airline companies such as Delta or Continental. When you plan your trip it is worth noting that some flights are only seasonal and others are only on a weekly basis so take this into consideration when planning your journey. British Airways flies directly from London and the journey takes around 8 hours depending on wind conditions, while the journey time from New York is around 5 hours. If you are planning on travelling during the off-peak season it may be necessary to take a flight to Miami or other American city and catch a connecting flight to the islands.
There are direct flights available from airports throughout to the US and also from London and Manchester but you may be able to get a better deal flying to another city first then taking an onward flight to Antigua. The internet is a good place to find reasonably priced international flights and it is worth checking with a few sites to ensure that you get the best deal.
You can only take a limited amount of certain items into Antigua without incurring customs duty that includes 1 Litres of wine and 170ml of perfume. Cigarettes are limited to 200 and tobacco is 250g and the limit on cigars is 50. Prohibited items include firearms, ammunition, weapons and narcotics. Prohibited items will be confiscated and may result in an arrest.
It is also possible to reach the islands by boat. Many cruise ships stop there and there are boats which can transport you between different Caribbean islands. There also is a ferry service between Antigua and Montserrat; however it is a very infrequent service and may not be running when you require it. You will be able to check locally for up to date information.
Expat Health Insurance Partners
Our award-winning expatriate business provides health benefits to more than 650,000 members worldwide. In addition, we have helped develop world-class health systems for governments, corporations and providers around the world. We want to be the global leader in delivering world-class health solutions, making quality health care more accessible and empowering people to live healthier lives.
At Bupa we have been helping individuals and families live longer, healthier, happier lives for over 60 years. We are trusted by expats in 190 different countries and have links with healthcare organisations throughout the world. So whether you're moving abroad for a change of career or a change of scene, with our international private health insurance you will always be in safe hands.
Cigna has worked in international health insurance for more than 30 years. Today, Cigna has over 71 million customer relationships around the world. Looking after them is an international workforce of 31,000 people, plus a network of over 1 million hospitals, physicians, clinics and health and wellness specialists worldwide, meaning you have easy access to treatment.