±JOIN OUR NEWSLETTER
±Compare Expat Providers
±Expat Focus Partners
±Latest Financial Articles
· Top Tax Tips For Expats Abroad
· Expat Focus Financial Update 23 November 2016
· The Financial Impact Leaving The US Will Have On Your Family Back Home
· Expat Focus Financial Update 16 November 2016
· Expat Focus Financial Round-Up 09 November 2016
· Shocking Expat Financial Scams - Don't Become A Victim
· Expat Focus Financial Update 03 November 2016
· Expat Focus Financial Update 25 October 2016
· Expat Top Tips For Transferring Currency Overseas
±Latest Health Articles
· Expat Focus International Healthcare Update 10 November 2016
· Expat Focus International Healthcare Update 31 October 2016
· Expat Focus International Healthcare Update 19 October 2016
· Expat Focus International Healthcare Update 30 September 2016
· Unusual Expat Illnesses And Injuries
· Expat Focus International Healthcare Update 14 September 2016
· 5 Places Where Healthcare Is Better Than The US
· Expat Focus International Healthcare Update 07 September 2016
· 5 Places Where Healthcare is Better Than The UK
Immigration and VisasBack to top Back to main Skip to menu
Antigua and Barbuda - Immigration and Visas
Be sure to have a copy of the photo page of your passport with you, along with copies of any other relevant entry stamp in the event of your documentation being stolen. The British High Commission in Bridgetown will still continue to issue Emergency Passports for nationals who have misplaced their passports and who have an urgent need to travel.
Among those who do not need visas are nationals of Britain, Australia, Canada, United States of America, other EU countries and Japan. Those who do not need visas also include citizens of Commonwealth countries, except nationals of Bangladesh, Cameroon, Gambia, Ghana, India, Mozambique, Nigeria, Pakistan, Sierra Leone and Sri Lanka, who do require visas.
Travellers who are continuing their journey within 24 hours by the same or a connecting plane, holding valid onward and return documentation and who are not leaving the airport are not required to apply for a visa.
Single entry visas will cost £24 and are valid for 3 months from the date of issue, while the multiple-entry visa costing £28 and is valid for 6 months from date of issue. Those who are travelling for business purposes do not require visas, as long as the duration of their business stay does not exceed 6 months.
Application requirements include: a completed application form, one passport-sized photo, a valid passport, the fee(payable by postal order), with an additional £4 for postal applications, a letter from a travel agent confirming that accommodation has been booked on the islands and for business visits, proof of sufficient funds, confirmation of accommodation and onward/return ticket. Applications usually require 3 to 5 working days.
The requirements for visa applications can vary depending upon your country of origin, so it is wise to check with the Immigration department in Antigua to ensure that your documentation is valid and to establish if you need to provide anything else.
Expat Health Insurance Partners
Our award-winning expatriate business provides health benefits to more than 650,000 members worldwide. In addition, we have helped develop world-class health systems for governments, corporations and providers around the world. We want to be the global leader in delivering world-class health solutions, making quality health care more accessible and empowering people to live healthier lives.
At Bupa we have been helping individuals and families live longer, healthier, happier lives for over 60 years. We are trusted by expats in 190 different countries and have links with healthcare organisations throughout the world. So whether you're moving abroad for a change of career or a change of scene, with our international private health insurance you will always be in safe hands.
Cigna has worked in international health insurance for more than 30 years. Today, Cigna has over 71 million customer relationships around the world. Looking after them is an international workforce of 31,000 people, plus a network of over 1 million hospitals, physicians, clinics and health and wellness specialists worldwide, meaning you have easy access to treatment.