±JOIN OUR NEWSLETTER
±Compare Expat Providers
±Expat Focus Partners
±Latest Financial Articles
· Five Questions You Must Ask Your Expat Financial Adviser
· Expat Focus Financial Update 15 August 2016
· Charles Schwab Announces Account Closures For US Citizens In Five Countries, More Expected
· Common Expat Investment Scams And How To Avoid Them
· Expat Focus Financial Update 08 August 2016
· Expat Focus Financial Update 01 August 2016
· A Guide To International Bank Accounts For Frequent Relocators
· Expat Focus Financial Update 25 July 2016
· A Short Expat Guide To International Bank Accounts
±Latest Health Articles
· Interview With Stephanie Eltz, Founder, Doctify
· Expat Focus International Healthcare Update 02 August 2016
· The Ten Best Countries For Healthcare In Europe
· Expat Focus International Healthcare Update 26 July 2016
· Expat Focus International Healthcare Update 19 July 2016
Education & SchoolsBack to top Back to main Skip to menu
Bulgaria - Education & Schools
Bulgaria's education system basically consists of three types of schools: state, municipal and private (including religious). The levels are primary (1st to 4th grade), basic (5th to 7th grade) and secondary (8th to 12th grade). There are two terms in the school year - the first runs from mid-September to the end of January, the second from the start of February to the end of June.
Bulgaria also has some language schools which start with an extra year of intensive language training (around 20 classes a week). This is to equip students with enough linguistic competence to study all major subjects in that language.
Private and International schools remain popular with expat families. Many offer internationally recognised programs such as the International Baccalaureat. For information on the choices available in Bulgaria, plus some lists of schools, the following links may be useful:
Expat Health Insurance Partners
Our award-winning expatriate business provides health benefits to more than 650,000 members worldwide. In addition, we have helped develop world-class health systems for governments, corporations and providers around the world. We want to be the global leader in delivering world-class health solutions, making quality health care more accessible and empowering people to live healthier lives.
At Bupa we have been helping individuals and families live longer, healthier, happier lives for over 60 years. We are trusted by expats in 190 different countries and have links with healthcare organisations throughout the world. So whether you're moving abroad for a change of career or a change of scene, with our international private health insurance you will always be in safe hands.
Cigna has worked in international health insurance for more than 30 years. Today, Cigna has over 71 million customer relationships around the world. Looking after them is an international workforce of 31,000 people, plus a network of over 1 million hospitals, physicians, clinics and health and wellness specialists worldwide, meaning you have easy access to treatment.