±Get Our Free Expat Guide
±Compare Expat Providers
±Expat Focus Partners
· Expat Focus Financial Update 22 Apr 2016
· Expat Focus Financial Update 13 Apr 2016
· Don't Let Property Investing Become Too Taxing
· Expat Focus Financial Update 04/04/16
· Expats: Where To Earn The Best Money And Enjoy Life
· Why Your Brokerage Firm Is Freezing Your Mutual Funds (And What To Do About It)
· Save Or Invest? How Expats Can Beat Low Interest Rates
· Interview With Simon Hilton, Foreign Exchange Specialist
· Why Is My US Brokerage Firm Closing My Account?
Education & SchoolsBack to top Back to main Skip to menu
Bulgaria - Education & Schools
Bulgaria's education system basically consists of three types of schools: state, municipal and private (including religious). The levels are primary (1st to 4th grade), basic (5th to 7th grade) and secondary (8th to 12th grade). There are two terms in the school year - the first runs from mid-September to the end of January, the second from the start of February to the end of June.
Bulgaria also has some language schools which start with an extra year of intensive language training (around 20 classes a week). This is to equip students with enough linguistic competence to study all major subjects in that language.
Private and International schools remain popular with expat families. Many offer internationally recognised programs such as the International Baccalaureat. For information on the choices available in Bulgaria, plus some lists of schools, the following links may be useful:
Expat Health Insurance Partners
At Bupa we have been helping individuals and families live longer, healthier, happier lives for over 60 years. We are trusted by expats in 190 different countries and have links with healthcare organisations throughout the world. So whether you're moving abroad for a change of career or a change of scene, with our international private health insurance you will always be in safe hands.
Cigna has worked in international health insurance for more than 30 years. Today, Cigna has over 71 million customer relationships around the world. Looking after them is an international workforce of 31,000 people, plus a network of over 1 million hospitals, physicians, clinics and health and wellness specialists worldwide, meaning you have easy access to treatment.