±JOIN OUR NEWSLETTER
±Compare Expat Providers
±Expat Focus Partners
±Latest Financial Articles
· Expat Focus Financial Update 16 February 2017
· Destination Canada – All The things You Need To Know If You’re Emigrating To North America
· Expat Focus International Finance Update 08 February 2017
· Expat Focus Financial Update 02 February 2017
· 11 Common Money Mistakes Made By Expats
· Expat Focus Financial Update 25 January 2017
· Five Finance Tips For First-Time Expats
· Buying Property In Europe? Here’s What Your Money Will Get You And Where
· Expat Focus Financial Update 18 January 2017
±Latest Health Articles
· Could Moving Abroad Be The Key To Improving Your Health?
· Expat Focus International Healthcare Update 03 February 2017
· Expat Focus International Healthcare Update 20 January 2017
· Expat Focus Healthcare Update 06 January 2017
· Expat Focus International Healthcare Update 22 December 2016
· Expat Focus International Healthcare Update 25 November 2016
· Expat Focus International Healthcare Update 10 November 2016
· Expat Focus International Healthcare Update 31 October 2016
· Expat Focus International Healthcare Update 19 October 2016
BankingBack to top Back to main Skip to menu
Cairo - Banking
Expat Focus is pleased to offer the services of a leading foreign exchange provider offering foreign exchange and currency transfers at unbeatable exchange rates and no commission.
For a fast, friendly and free quote at a guaranteed better rate than your bank or other companies' rates CLICK HERE!
Expatriates typically select international banks with branches in Cairo. If possible, it is a good idea to establish an account before moving to Egypt's capital city, although there is no guarantee that doing so will help you avoid all of the difficulties involved with obtaining a checking or savings account in Cairo.
Expatriates have been known to keep substantial sums of money in their home banks, and have the money wired to them through jewelry shops, to avoid the high fees and surcharges involved with maintaining a bank account and performing transactions through banks in Cairo. However, if you plan to make Cairo your permanent residence, establishing an account through an international bank that provides English speaking services is a more workable option.
Here are a few of the English speaking and international banks that are popular with expatriates:
Telephone: +20 2 7913522
Address: 2 Abdel Hakim El Refaie Abbass El Akkad Street, Nasr City, Cairo
Telephone: +20 2 7359186
Address: Cairo Abou El Feda Building, 3 Abou El Feda Street, Zamalek, Cairo
Commercial International Bank (CIB)
Telephone: +20 2 5703043
Address: 21/23 Nile Tower, Charles De Gaulle Street (El Giza Street), Giza, Cairo
Expat Health Insurance Partners
Our award-winning expatriate business provides health benefits to more than 650,000 members worldwide. In addition, we have helped develop world-class health systems for governments, corporations and providers around the world. We want to be the global leader in delivering world-class health solutions, making quality health care more accessible and empowering people to live healthier lives.
At Bupa we have been helping individuals and families live longer, healthier, happier lives for over 60 years. We are trusted by expats in 190 different countries and have links with healthcare organisations throughout the world. So whether you're moving abroad for a change of career or a change of scene, with our international private health insurance you will always be in safe hands.
Cigna has worked in international health insurance for more than 30 years. Today, Cigna has over 71 million customer relationships around the world. Looking after them is an international workforce of 31,000 people, plus a network of over 1 million hospitals, physicians, clinics and health and wellness specialists worldwide, meaning you have easy access to treatment.