±Get Our Free Expat Guide
±Compare Expat Providers
±Expat Focus Partners
· New Expat? Don't Become A Victim Of Bad Financial Advice
· Expat Focus Financial Update 22 Apr 2016
· Expat Focus Financial Update 13 Apr 2016
· Don't Let Property Investing Become Too Taxing
· Expat Focus Financial Update 04/04/16
· Expats: Where To Earn The Best Money And Enjoy Life
· Why Your Brokerage Firm Is Freezing Your Mutual Funds (And What To Do About It)
· Save Or Invest? How Expats Can Beat Low Interest Rates
· Interview With Simon Hilton, Foreign Exchange Specialist
Taking Your PetsBack to top Back to main Skip to menu
Cyprus - Taking Your Pets
Northern Cyprus is not a member of the EU and is not covered by the Pet Travel Scheme. In order to bring pets into Northern Cyprus you need to obtain an import permit from the North Cyprus Veterinary Service. Cats and dogs must have a health certificate signed by an official government officer in their home country, and must be quarantined for six months on arrival in Northern Cyprus, after being vaccinated against rabies and treated for echinoccus and ectoparasites. Certain breeds of dog cannot be brought into Northern Cyprus.
Added March 2007 by Mrs J Hall:
Your outline advice on taking pets to Cyprus seems clear and straightforward, BUT there is no mention of possible hazards for animals once they are there.
My stepdaughter recently took her two cats to Cyprus, where they were poisoned within a couple of weeks. If it's general practice for anyone to put down poison (to keep strays down?) I would like to make other people aware.
Expat Health Insurance Partners
At Bupa we have been helping individuals and families live longer, healthier, happier lives for over 60 years. We are trusted by expats in 190 different countries and have links with healthcare organisations throughout the world. So whether you're moving abroad for a change of career or a change of scene, with our international private health insurance you will always be in safe hands.
Cigna has worked in international health insurance for more than 30 years. Today, Cigna has over 71 million customer relationships around the world. Looking after them is an international workforce of 31,000 people, plus a network of over 1 million hospitals, physicians, clinics and health and wellness specialists worldwide, meaning you have easy access to treatment.