±Get Our Free Expat Guide
±Compare Expat Providers
±Expat Focus Partners
· Expat Focus Financial Update 22 Apr 2016
· Expat Focus Financial Update 13 Apr 2016
· Don't Let Property Investing Become Too Taxing
· Expat Focus Financial Update 04/04/16
· Expats: Where To Earn The Best Money And Enjoy Life
· Why Your Brokerage Firm Is Freezing Your Mutual Funds (And What To Do About It)
· Save Or Invest? How Expats Can Beat Low Interest Rates
· Interview With Simon Hilton, Foreign Exchange Specialist
· Why Is My US Brokerage Firm Closing My Account?
TaxationBack to top Back to main Skip to menu
Czech Republic - Taxation
Foreign nationals who have a permanent home in the Czech Republic or who stay in the Republic for more than 183 days per year are considered to be tax residents, and are, as a rule, taxed on their worldwide income.
In the following situations a foreigner is liable for Czech source income tax regardless of the number of days per year spent in the Republic:
- When employed by a Czech company or branch thereof - When his/her salary is paid directly by or subsequently charged to a Czech permanent establishment - When holding the position of Member of the Board of Directors or on the Supervisory Board of a Czech registered company - When conducting business as a private entrepreneur
It is always advisable to consult an international tax specialist prior to seeking employment abroad.
Expat Health Insurance Partners
At Bupa we have been helping individuals and families live longer, healthier, happier lives for over 60 years. We are trusted by expats in 190 different countries and have links with healthcare organisations throughout the world. So whether you're moving abroad for a change of career or a change of scene, with our international private health insurance you will always be in safe hands.
Cigna has worked in international health insurance for more than 30 years. Today, Cigna has over 71 million customer relationships around the world. Looking after them is an international workforce of 31,000 people, plus a network of over 1 million hospitals, physicians, clinics and health and wellness specialists worldwide, meaning you have easy access to treatment.