±JOIN OUR NEWSLETTER
±Compare Expat Providers
±Expat Focus Partners
±Latest Financial Articles
· Expat Focus Financial Update 18 January 2017
· Expat Focus Financial Update 12 January 2017
· Expat Focus Financial Update 05 January 2017
· Expat Focus Financial Update 22 December 2016
· Expat Investment Trust Opportunities After The Brexit Vote
· Expat Focus Financial Update 15 December 2016
· Why Is Demand For European Property Climbing Among British Investors?
· Expat Focus Financial Update 01 December 2016
· Top Tax Tips For Expats Abroad
±Latest Health Articles
· Expat Focus Healthcare Update 06 January 2017
· Expat Focus International Healthcare Update 22 December 2016
· Expat Focus International Healthcare Update 25 November 2016
· Expat Focus International Healthcare Update 10 November 2016
· Expat Focus International Healthcare Update 31 October 2016
· Expat Focus International Healthcare Update 19 October 2016
· Expat Focus International Healthcare Update 30 September 2016
· Unusual Expat Illnesses And Injuries
· Expat Focus International Healthcare Update 14 September 2016
EmploymentBack to top Back to main Skip to menu
Dubai - Employment
Although there is great variation in the salaries to be earned in Dubai, they are among the highest in the world, are tax-free and are often only part of an employment package which includes accommodation, air fares, and medical insurance.
You can either apply for jobs from your home country, or enter the UAE on a visit visa which can later be exchanged for a residence visa if you are successful in finding employment. The company offering you a job will need to apply for a work permit to The Ministry of Labour and Social Affairs, which now operates an on-line application process.
The Dubai Technology and Media Free Zone, established in 2000, consist of Dubai Internet City, in which ICT companies are located, Dubai Media City which is for media companies, and the Knowledge Village for knowledge-focused companies. The free zone website has an online job-board where vacancies are posted in these three areas of work.
Other on-line jobsites for Dubai indicate that a wide range of jobs are available in the city in various sectors including real estate, administrative work, construction, transport and interior design. The local newspapers also advertise jobs, particularly Gulf News which publishes an Appointments section several times a week, and also posts vacancy details on its website. The Emirates Network.com has a particularly useful website which contains job vacancies from a variety of popular recruitment agencies in Dubai, and contains articles to help in your search for employment in the UAE.
The American Business Council of Dubai and the Northern Emirates, a non-profit organisation which promotes the development of commerce and investment between the USA and Dubai/the Northern Emirates, advertises jobs on its website on behalf of its member companies. Applicants are required to apply direct to the relevant companies, not the Business Council.
Similarly, The British Business Group, Dubai & Northern Emirates (BBG), with a membership of more than 430 companies, advertises members' job vacancies on its website.
Expat Health Insurance Partners
Our award-winning expatriate business provides health benefits to more than 650,000 members worldwide. In addition, we have helped develop world-class health systems for governments, corporations and providers around the world. We want to be the global leader in delivering world-class health solutions, making quality health care more accessible and empowering people to live healthier lives.
At Bupa we have been helping individuals and families live longer, healthier, happier lives for over 60 years. We are trusted by expats in 190 different countries and have links with healthcare organisations throughout the world. So whether you're moving abroad for a change of career or a change of scene, with our international private health insurance you will always be in safe hands.
Cigna has worked in international health insurance for more than 30 years. Today, Cigna has over 71 million customer relationships around the world. Looking after them is an international workforce of 31,000 people, plus a network of over 1 million hospitals, physicians, clinics and health and wellness specialists worldwide, meaning you have easy access to treatment.