±JOIN OUR NEWSLETTER
±Compare Expat Providers
±Expat Focus Partners
±Latest Financial Articles
· Interview With Duncan Khoury, Head of Marketing, World First Australia
· Expat Focus Financial Update June 2017
· Relocation Destinations For The Politically Minded And Socially Progressive Expat
· Expat Focus Financial Update May 2017
· An Expat Guide To Investing While Living Abroad
· Expat Focus Financial Update 27 April 2017
· Expat Focus Financial Update 21 April 2017
· Expat Focus Financial Update 12 April 2017
· Expat Focus International Finance Update 05 April 2017
±Latest Health Articles
· Moving Abroad With An Allergy? Here Are Some Things To Consider
· Expat Focus International Healthcare Update May 2017
· Report: The Most Expensive European Destinations For Expat Health Insurance
· What Impact Will Brexit Have On Your Expat Healthcare?
· Report: The Countries With The Best Healthcare In The World
· A Guide to Healthcare for Expats with Chronic Illnesses
· 5 Tips For Expats Looking For Health Insurance
· Expat Focus International Healthcare Update 26 April 2017
· Expat Focus International Healthcare Update 13 April 2017
EmploymentBack to top Back to main Skip to menu
Florida - Employment
There are several other industries that employ large numbers of people in Florida. These include the phosphate mining industry, located in the Bone Valley. This industry supplies markets all over the world and there are opportunities for skilled professionals. The aerospace industry is also continuing to grow and suitably qualified workers are always in demand. Some companies are international and may be able to arrange internal transfers, so making it easier for workers to obtain a work permit
Expats also find jobs in offices, schools and call centres. Others may work as translators. Others may choose to use their expat experience to their advantage by blogging or writing articles or by offering their advice and services to other expats for a living.
Some expats may choose to work for a temporary agency; many of these temporary jobs can lead to full-time employment with a company.
There are several useful job search web sites where you can search for jobs and careers or post your CV. These include monster.com, Yahoo! HotJobs, and CareerBuilder.com. Some Florida-specific job search web sites include Florida Jobs, Employ Florida Marketplace and JOBcentral.
Florida's Agency for Workforce Innovation, MyFlorida.com, and State of Florida.com's Florida Employment Guide are all good resources for job-seekers. Each of these web sites contains information about Florida employment law, minimum wage, unemployment, etc., and they have a job search function. The U.S. Department of Labor's web site also has valuable information about employment in America.
Some expats may choose to create their own career opportunities by setting up a business or becoming self-employed.
Florida Small Business is a good resource for those wishing to start up their own business and includes information on how to prepare a business plan, how to market your business, health insurance, taxes, and much more. The Florida Chamber of Commerce is designed to help Florida's business community.
Self-employed individuals are responsible for paying their own taxes and planning for retirement. For information on how to register as self-employed, as well as tax regulations, visit the Self-Employment Resources and Services page on USA.gov.
Due to Florida's large international population, speaking a language other than English (especially Spanish) can be a real advantage when seeking employment in Florida, particularly if you are seeking employment within the service industry.
For more information on employment in the US, please refer to the Employment section of the USA Country Guide.
Expat Health Insurance Partners
Our award-winning expatriate business provides health benefits to more than 650,000 members worldwide. In addition, we have helped develop world-class health systems for governments, corporations and providers around the world. We want to be the global leader in delivering world-class health solutions, making quality health care more accessible and empowering people to live healthier lives.
At Bupa we have been helping individuals and families live longer, healthier, happier lives for over 60 years. We are trusted by expats in 190 different countries and have links with healthcare organisations throughout the world. So whether you're moving abroad for a change of career or a change of scene, with our international private health insurance you will always be in safe hands.
Cigna has worked in international health insurance for more than 30 years. Today, Cigna has over 71 million customer relationships around the world. Looking after them is an international workforce of 31,000 people, plus a network of over 1 million hospitals, physicians, clinics and health and wellness specialists worldwide, meaning you have easy access to treatment.