±JOIN OUR NEWSLETTER
±Compare Expat Providers
±Expat Focus Partners
±Latest Financial Articles
· Expat Focus Financial Update 16 February 2017
· Destination Canada – All The things You Need To Know If You’re Emigrating To North America
· Expat Focus International Finance Update 08 February 2017
· Expat Focus Financial Update 02 February 2017
· 11 Common Money Mistakes Made By Expats
· Expat Focus Financial Update 25 January 2017
· Five Finance Tips For First-Time Expats
· Buying Property In Europe? Here’s What Your Money Will Get You And Where
· Expat Focus Financial Update 18 January 2017
±Latest Health Articles
· Could Moving Abroad Be The Key To Improving Your Health?
· Expat Focus International Healthcare Update 03 February 2017
· Expat Focus International Healthcare Update 20 January 2017
· Expat Focus Healthcare Update 06 January 2017
· Expat Focus International Healthcare Update 22 December 2016
· Expat Focus International Healthcare Update 25 November 2016
· Expat Focus International Healthcare Update 10 November 2016
· Expat Focus International Healthcare Update 31 October 2016
· Expat Focus International Healthcare Update 19 October 2016
EmploymentBack to top Back to main Skip to menu
Florida - Employment
There are several other industries that employ large numbers of people in Florida. These include the phosphate mining industry, located in the Bone Valley. This industry supplies markets all over the world and there are opportunities for skilled professionals. The aerospace industry is also continuing to grow and suitably qualified workers are always in demand. Some companies are international and may be able to arrange internal transfers, so making it easier for workers to obtain a work permit
Expats also find jobs in offices, schools and call centres. Others may work as translators. Others may choose to use their expat experience to their advantage by blogging or writing articles or by offering their advice and services to other expats for a living.
Some expats may choose to work for a temporary agency; many of these temporary jobs can lead to full-time employment with a company.
There are several useful job search web sites where you can search for jobs and careers or post your CV. These include monster.com, Yahoo! HotJobs, and CareerBuilder.com. Some Florida-specific job search web sites include Florida Jobs, Employ Florida Marketplace and JOBcentral.
Florida's Agency for Workforce Innovation, MyFlorida.com, and State of Florida.com's Florida Employment Guide are all good resources for job-seekers. Each of these web sites contains information about Florida employment law, minimum wage, unemployment, etc., and they have a job search function. The U.S. Department of Labor's web site also has valuable information about employment in America.
Some expats may choose to create their own career opportunities by setting up a business or becoming self-employed.
Florida Small Business is a good resource for those wishing to start up their own business and includes information on how to prepare a business plan, how to market your business, health insurance, taxes, and much more. The Florida Chamber of Commerce is designed to help Florida's business community.
Self-employed individuals are responsible for paying their own taxes and planning for retirement. For information on how to register as self-employed, as well as tax regulations, visit the Self-Employment Resources and Services page on USA.gov.
Due to Florida's large international population, speaking a language other than English (especially Spanish) can be a real advantage when seeking employment in Florida, particularly if you are seeking employment within the service industry.
For more information on employment in the US, please refer to the Employment section of the USA Country Guide.
Expat Health Insurance Partners
Our award-winning expatriate business provides health benefits to more than 650,000 members worldwide. In addition, we have helped develop world-class health systems for governments, corporations and providers around the world. We want to be the global leader in delivering world-class health solutions, making quality health care more accessible and empowering people to live healthier lives.
At Bupa we have been helping individuals and families live longer, healthier, happier lives for over 60 years. We are trusted by expats in 190 different countries and have links with healthcare organisations throughout the world. So whether you're moving abroad for a change of career or a change of scene, with our international private health insurance you will always be in safe hands.
Cigna has worked in international health insurance for more than 30 years. Today, Cigna has over 71 million customer relationships around the world. Looking after them is an international workforce of 31,000 people, plus a network of over 1 million hospitals, physicians, clinics and health and wellness specialists worldwide, meaning you have easy access to treatment.