±Get Our Free Expat Guide
±Compare Expat Providers
±Expat Focus Partners
· Expat Focus Financial Update 18 July 2016
· Expat Focus Financial Update 06 July 2016
· If The UK Votes To Brexit, Will That Make Me A Brexpat?
· International Investor? Important Issues To Consider
· Expat Focus Financial Update 06 June 2016
· Expat Focus Financial Update 30 May 2016
· The Best Countries For Expats According To The Personal Finance Index
· Expat Focus Financial Update 23 May 2016
· Expat Focus Financial Update 16 May 2016
Retiring & PensionsBack to top Back to main Skip to menu
Greece - Retiring & Pensions
Within the EU pensioners can obtain form E121 from their home country to cover all health care in Greece, although care can be basic and pensioners are advised to also consider taking out private health insurance. Consider also the cost of flights 'home' in an emergency.
Pensions drawn from outside of Greece in another currency will be affected by exchange rate fluctuations.
Extra costs - don't forget to cost in extras such as flights home, running a car, the cost of having family and friends stay with you for holidays (you will probably be going out and eating out more than you would normally - having regular visitors can seriously stretch your budget).
Information courtesy of Carol Palioudaki, author of The Cool Guide to Living in Crete, available at www.livingincrete.net
Expat Health Insurance Partners
At Bupa we have been helping individuals and families live longer, healthier, happier lives for over 60 years. We are trusted by expats in 190 different countries and have links with healthcare organisations throughout the world. So whether you're moving abroad for a change of career or a change of scene, with our international private health insurance you will always be in safe hands.
Cigna has worked in international health insurance for more than 30 years. Today, Cigna has over 71 million customer relationships around the world. Looking after them is an international workforce of 31,000 people, plus a network of over 1 million hospitals, physicians, clinics and health and wellness specialists worldwide, meaning you have easy access to treatment.