±Get Our Free Expat Guide
±Compare Expat Providers
±Expat Focus Partners
· New Expat? Don't Become A Victim Of Bad Financial Advice
· Expat Focus Financial Update 22 Apr 2016
· Expat Focus Financial Update 13 Apr 2016
· Don't Let Property Investing Become Too Taxing
· Expat Focus Financial Update 04/04/16
· Expats: Where To Earn The Best Money And Enjoy Life
· Why Your Brokerage Firm Is Freezing Your Mutual Funds (And What To Do About It)
· Save Or Invest? How Expats Can Beat Low Interest Rates
· Interview With Simon Hilton, Foreign Exchange Specialist
Retiring & PensionsBack to top Back to main Skip to menu
Greece - Retiring & Pensions
Within the EU pensioners can obtain form E121 from their home country to cover all health care in Greece, although care can be basic and pensioners are advised to also consider taking out private health insurance. Consider also the cost of flights 'home' in an emergency.
Pensions drawn from outside of Greece in another currency will be affected by exchange rate fluctuations.
Extra costs - don't forget to cost in extras such as flights home, running a car, the cost of having family and friends stay with you for holidays (you will probably be going out and eating out more than you would normally - having regular visitors can seriously stretch your budget).
Information courtesy of Carol Palioudaki, author of The Cool Guide to Living in Crete, available at www.livingincrete.net
Expat Health Insurance Partners
At Bupa we have been helping individuals and families live longer, healthier, happier lives for over 60 years. We are trusted by expats in 190 different countries and have links with healthcare organisations throughout the world. So whether you're moving abroad for a change of career or a change of scene, with our international private health insurance you will always be in safe hands.
Cigna has worked in international health insurance for more than 30 years. Today, Cigna has over 71 million customer relationships around the world. Looking after them is an international workforce of 31,000 people, plus a network of over 1 million hospitals, physicians, clinics and health and wellness specialists worldwide, meaning you have easy access to treatment.