±Get Our Free Expat Guide
±Compare Expat Providers
±Expat Focus Partners
· New Expat? Don't Become A Victim Of Bad Financial Advice
· Expat Focus Financial Update 22 Apr 2016
· Expat Focus Financial Update 13 Apr 2016
· Don't Let Property Investing Become Too Taxing
· Expat Focus Financial Update 04/04/16
· Expats: Where To Earn The Best Money And Enjoy Life
· Why Your Brokerage Firm Is Freezing Your Mutual Funds (And What To Do About It)
· Save Or Invest? How Expats Can Beat Low Interest Rates
· Interview With Simon Hilton, Foreign Exchange Specialist
BankingBack to top Back to main Skip to menu
Hungary - Banking
Depending on the individual bank's policy, foreigners can open a forint-based account or a hard currency account, and it is likely that a minimum deposit will be required. In order to obtain a credit card you might be asked to make an up-front deposit of up to 80% of the card's spending limit.
Banks in Hungary are usually open on Mondays to Friday from 8.30 a.m. until 12.30 p.m., and on Saturdays from 8.30 a.m. to 11.30 a.m.
Visitors are advised to change currency only at accredited organizations such as banks, bureaux de changes and travel agencies, not through illegal money changers on the streets. Many ATMs now provide a currency exchange service.
Expat Health Insurance Partners
At Bupa we have been helping individuals and families live longer, healthier, happier lives for over 60 years. We are trusted by expats in 190 different countries and have links with healthcare organisations throughout the world. So whether you're moving abroad for a change of career or a change of scene, with our international private health insurance you will always be in safe hands.
Cigna has worked in international health insurance for more than 30 years. Today, Cigna has over 71 million customer relationships around the world. Looking after them is an international workforce of 31,000 people, plus a network of over 1 million hospitals, physicians, clinics and health and wellness specialists worldwide, meaning you have easy access to treatment.