±Get Our Free Expat Guide
±Compare Expat Providers
±Expat Focus Partners
· Expat Focus Financial Update 06 July 2016
· If The UK Votes To Brexit, Will That Make Me A Brexpat?
· International Investor? Important Issues To Consider
· Expat Focus Financial Update 06 June 2016
· Expat Focus Financial Update 30 May 2016
· The Best Countries For Expats According To The Personal Finance Index
· Expat Focus Financial Update 23 May 2016
· Expat Focus Financial Update 16 May 2016
· Expat Focus Financial Update 09 May 2016
Retiring & PensionsBack to top Back to main Skip to menu
Ireland - Retiring & Pensions
Government policies have encouraged this trend, offering free healthcare and other benefits to senior citizens such as higher exemption limits on tax, additional tax credits, fuel allowances and discounted travel.
Retired people from EU/EEA countries are usually eligible for a Medical Card for free health services without having to undergo a means test.
Ireland currently has Double Taxation treaties with 44 other countries, and others are being negotiated. People from these countries who retire in Ireland can have their pensions sent to them free of tax in their country of origin. The list of countries with which Ireland has Double Taxation treaties can be found on the Revenue website.
Expat Health Insurance Partners
At Bupa we have been helping individuals and families live longer, healthier, happier lives for over 60 years. We are trusted by expats in 190 different countries and have links with healthcare organisations throughout the world. So whether you're moving abroad for a change of career or a change of scene, with our international private health insurance you will always be in safe hands.
Cigna has worked in international health insurance for more than 30 years. Today, Cigna has over 71 million customer relationships around the world. Looking after them is an international workforce of 31,000 people, plus a network of over 1 million hospitals, physicians, clinics and health and wellness specialists worldwide, meaning you have easy access to treatment.