±JOIN OUR NEWSLETTER
±Compare Expat Providers
±Expat Focus Partners
±Latest Financial Articles
· Interview With Duncan Khoury, Head of Marketing, World First Australia
· Expat Focus Financial Update June 2017
· Relocation Destinations For The Politically Minded And Socially Progressive Expat
· Expat Focus Financial Update May 2017
· An Expat Guide To Investing While Living Abroad
· Expat Focus Financial Update 27 April 2017
· Expat Focus Financial Update 21 April 2017
· Expat Focus Financial Update 12 April 2017
· Expat Focus International Finance Update 05 April 2017
±Latest Health Articles
· Moving Abroad With An Allergy? Here Are Some Things To Consider
· Expat Focus International Healthcare Update May 2017
· Report: The Most Expensive European Destinations For Expat Health Insurance
· What Impact Will Brexit Have On Your Expat Healthcare?
· Report: The Countries With The Best Healthcare In The World
· A Guide to Healthcare for Expats with Chronic Illnesses
· 5 Tips For Expats Looking For Health Insurance
· Expat Focus International Healthcare Update 26 April 2017
· Expat Focus International Healthcare Update 13 April 2017
Retiring and PensionsBack to top Back to main Skip to menu
Israel - Retiring and Pensions
Unless you have been resident in the country for a number of years and have been paying into the country’s social security scheme, you will be unable to claim a pension from the Israeli government, so as a retired person from another country you must have your own income, usually in the form of a state or private pension from your country of origin.
If you are entitled to a state pension from your home country it is possible that this can be paid to you while you are in Israel. It may be that the monies can be transferred directly to your bank account in Israel, although it may be that some countries will not do this. In which case you could have it paid to a bank account in your home country so that you will be able to transfer this yourself. There will be charges made by the banks for performing this service. It is advisable to talk to the pensions department in your home country to find out what agreements they have with the Israeli governments for making payments.
The same advice applies to those who are in receipt of a private pension. In many countries the companies that administer these will not transfer the monies for you, but it is wise to check as each company’s regulations and guidelines will be different. As with a state pension, having it paid into an account in your country of origin and then transferring the monies yourself may be your only option.
Israel is an attractive destination for those who are looking to move to somewhere with a warmer climate, although with the political situation it may be more attractive to those who are of the Jewish faith. The further away you are from the trouble hotspots the more appealing the country is, and the towns and villages in the south are much more peaceful, attracting expats and holiday makers from all over the world.
Expat Health Insurance Partners
Our award-winning expatriate business provides health benefits to more than 650,000 members worldwide. In addition, we have helped develop world-class health systems for governments, corporations and providers around the world. We want to be the global leader in delivering world-class health solutions, making quality health care more accessible and empowering people to live healthier lives.
At Bupa we have been helping individuals and families live longer, healthier, happier lives for over 60 years. We are trusted by expats in 190 different countries and have links with healthcare organisations throughout the world. So whether you're moving abroad for a change of career or a change of scene, with our international private health insurance you will always be in safe hands.
Cigna has worked in international health insurance for more than 30 years. Today, Cigna has over 71 million customer relationships around the world. Looking after them is an international workforce of 31,000 people, plus a network of over 1 million hospitals, physicians, clinics and health and wellness specialists worldwide, meaning you have easy access to treatment.