±JOIN OUR NEWSLETTER
±Compare Expat Providers
±Expat Focus Partners
±Latest Financial Articles
· Five Questions You Must Ask Your Expat Financial Adviser
· Expat Focus Financial Update 15 August 2016
· Charles Schwab Announces Account Closures For US Citizens In Five Countries, More Expected
· Common Expat Investment Scams And How To Avoid Them
· Expat Focus Financial Update 08 August 2016
· Expat Focus Financial Update 01 August 2016
· A Guide To International Bank Accounts For Frequent Relocators
· Expat Focus Financial Update 25 July 2016
· A Short Expat Guide To International Bank Accounts
±Latest Health Articles
· Interview With Stephanie Eltz, Founder, Doctify
· Expat Focus International Healthcare Update 02 August 2016
· The Ten Best Countries For Healthcare In Europe
· Expat Focus International Healthcare Update 26 July 2016
· Expat Focus International Healthcare Update 19 July 2016
Leisure, Entertainment & SportsBack to top Back to main Skip to menu
Kuala Lumpur - Leisure, Entertainment & Sports
The various Chambers of Commerce / Business Councils provide working expatriates with good opportunities for networking and are a good source of information for newly relocated / relocating expatriates. The contact numbers for some of the Chambers of Commerce are:
American Malaysian Chamber of Commerce (Tel: 03 2148 2407)
Australia Malaysia Business Council (Tel: 03 2695 3121/22)
Canada Malaysia Business Council (Tel: 03 2300 1241)
New Zealand Malaysia Business Council (Tel: 03 2144 2422)
As in other Asian cities, the larger concentration of expatriates usually has associations that offer support and social activities for expatriates, in particular, for the accompanying spouses of expatriates. Click here for a list of contact numbers for the various associations that is maintained by an independent provider, the KL City Portal. Check out The Expat magazine for the latest contact numbers for the members.
Social clubs offer basic amenities (swimming pool, tennis / squash / badminton courts, and in some cases, golf courses) and are popular with the locals and expatriates alike who are willing to pay top-dollar for some exclusivity. Membership fees apply, depending on the club's facilities. Some clubs include the Royal Lake Club, the Royal Selangor Club and the Kelab Golf Negara Subang.
Expat Health Insurance Partners
Our award-winning expatriate business provides health benefits to more than 650,000 members worldwide. In addition, we have helped develop world-class health systems for governments, corporations and providers around the world. We want to be the global leader in delivering world-class health solutions, making quality health care more accessible and empowering people to live healthier lives.
At Bupa we have been helping individuals and families live longer, healthier, happier lives for over 60 years. We are trusted by expats in 190 different countries and have links with healthcare organisations throughout the world. So whether you're moving abroad for a change of career or a change of scene, with our international private health insurance you will always be in safe hands.
Cigna has worked in international health insurance for more than 30 years. Today, Cigna has over 71 million customer relationships around the world. Looking after them is an international workforce of 31,000 people, plus a network of over 1 million hospitals, physicians, clinics and health and wellness specialists worldwide, meaning you have easy access to treatment.