±JOIN OUR NEWSLETTER
±Compare Expat Providers
±Expat Focus Partners
±Latest Financial Articles
· Interview With Duncan Khoury, Head of Marketing, World First Australia
· Expat Focus Financial Update June 2017
· Relocation Destinations For The Politically Minded And Socially Progressive Expat
· Expat Focus Financial Update May 2017
· An Expat Guide To Investing While Living Abroad
· Expat Focus Financial Update 27 April 2017
· Expat Focus Financial Update 21 April 2017
· Expat Focus Financial Update 12 April 2017
· Expat Focus International Finance Update 05 April 2017
±Latest Health Articles
· Moving Abroad With An Allergy? Here Are Some Things To Consider
· Expat Focus International Healthcare Update May 2017
· Report: The Most Expensive European Destinations For Expat Health Insurance
· What Impact Will Brexit Have On Your Expat Healthcare?
· Report: The Countries With The Best Healthcare In The World
· A Guide to Healthcare for Expats with Chronic Illnesses
· 5 Tips For Expats Looking For Health Insurance
· Expat Focus International Healthcare Update 26 April 2017
· Expat Focus International Healthcare Update 13 April 2017
Leisure, Entertainment & SportsBack to top Back to main Skip to menu
Kuala Lumpur - Leisure, Entertainment & Sports
The various Chambers of Commerce / Business Councils provide working expatriates with good opportunities for networking and are a good source of information for newly relocated / relocating expatriates. The contact numbers for some of the Chambers of Commerce are:
American Malaysian Chamber of Commerce (Tel: 03 2148 2407)
Australia Malaysia Business Council (Tel: 03 2695 3121/22)
Canada Malaysia Business Council (Tel: 03 2300 1241)
New Zealand Malaysia Business Council (Tel: 03 2144 2422)
As in other Asian cities, the larger concentration of expatriates usually has associations that offer support and social activities for expatriates, in particular, for the accompanying spouses of expatriates. Click here for a list of contact numbers for the various associations that is maintained by an independent provider, the KL City Portal. Check out The Expat magazine for the latest contact numbers for the members.
Social clubs offer basic amenities (swimming pool, tennis / squash / badminton courts, and in some cases, golf courses) and are popular with the locals and expatriates alike who are willing to pay top-dollar for some exclusivity. Membership fees apply, depending on the club's facilities. Some clubs include the Royal Lake Club, the Royal Selangor Club and the Kelab Golf Negara Subang.
Expat Health Insurance Partners
Our award-winning expatriate business provides health benefits to more than 650,000 members worldwide. In addition, we have helped develop world-class health systems for governments, corporations and providers around the world. We want to be the global leader in delivering world-class health solutions, making quality health care more accessible and empowering people to live healthier lives.
At Bupa we have been helping individuals and families live longer, healthier, happier lives for over 60 years. We are trusted by expats in 190 different countries and have links with healthcare organisations throughout the world. So whether you're moving abroad for a change of career or a change of scene, with our international private health insurance you will always be in safe hands.
Cigna has worked in international health insurance for more than 30 years. Today, Cigna has over 71 million customer relationships around the world. Looking after them is an international workforce of 31,000 people, plus a network of over 1 million hospitals, physicians, clinics and health and wellness specialists worldwide, meaning you have easy access to treatment.