±JOIN OUR NEWSLETTER
±Compare Expat Providers
±Expat Focus Partners
±Latest Financial Articles
· Report: Complicated Tax Codes Forcing Americans To Give Up Citizenship
· Expat Focus Financial Update 26 September 2016
· Merrill Lynch Closing Brokerage Accounts For US Expats
· 7 Practical Tips For Saving Oodles Of Money As An Expat
· Expat Focus Financial Update 12 September 2016
· What Does It Take To Become An Expat? Some Things To Consider
· Expat Focus Financial Update 05 September 2016
· Should UK Expats In The UAE Transfer Their Pensions?
· Expat Focus Finance Update 29 August 2016
±Latest Health Articles
· Unusual Expat Illnesses And Injuries
· Expat Focus International Healthcare Update 14 September 2016
· 5 Places Where Healthcare Is Better Than The US
· Expat Focus International Healthcare Update 07 September 2016
· 5 Places Where Healthcare is Better Than The UK
· Expat Focus International Healthcare Update 24 August 2016
· Interview With Stephanie Eltz, Founder, Doctify
· Expat Focus International Healthcare Update 02 August 2016
· The Ten Best Countries For Healthcare In Europe
Leisure, Entertainment & SportsBack to top Back to main Skip to menu
Kuala Lumpur - Leisure, Entertainment & Sports
The various Chambers of Commerce / Business Councils provide working expatriates with good opportunities for networking and are a good source of information for newly relocated / relocating expatriates. The contact numbers for some of the Chambers of Commerce are:
American Malaysian Chamber of Commerce (Tel: 03 2148 2407)
Australia Malaysia Business Council (Tel: 03 2695 3121/22)
Canada Malaysia Business Council (Tel: 03 2300 1241)
New Zealand Malaysia Business Council (Tel: 03 2144 2422)
As in other Asian cities, the larger concentration of expatriates usually has associations that offer support and social activities for expatriates, in particular, for the accompanying spouses of expatriates. Click here for a list of contact numbers for the various associations that is maintained by an independent provider, the KL City Portal. Check out The Expat magazine for the latest contact numbers for the members.
Social clubs offer basic amenities (swimming pool, tennis / squash / badminton courts, and in some cases, golf courses) and are popular with the locals and expatriates alike who are willing to pay top-dollar for some exclusivity. Membership fees apply, depending on the club's facilities. Some clubs include the Royal Lake Club, the Royal Selangor Club and the Kelab Golf Negara Subang.
Expat Health Insurance Partners
Our award-winning expatriate business provides health benefits to more than 650,000 members worldwide. In addition, we have helped develop world-class health systems for governments, corporations and providers around the world. We want to be the global leader in delivering world-class health solutions, making quality health care more accessible and empowering people to live healthier lives.
At Bupa we have been helping individuals and families live longer, healthier, happier lives for over 60 years. We are trusted by expats in 190 different countries and have links with healthcare organisations throughout the world. So whether you're moving abroad for a change of career or a change of scene, with our international private health insurance you will always be in safe hands.
Cigna has worked in international health insurance for more than 30 years. Today, Cigna has over 71 million customer relationships around the world. Looking after them is an international workforce of 31,000 people, plus a network of over 1 million hospitals, physicians, clinics and health and wellness specialists worldwide, meaning you have easy access to treatment.