±JOIN OUR NEWSLETTER
±Compare Expat Providers
±Expat Focus Partners
±Latest Financial Articles
· How To Set Up A Bank Account In The UK - Advice For New Expats
· How To Reduce Your Debts While Living Abroad
· Expat Focus Financial Update 05 October 2016
· How To Open A Bank Account Abroad Without A Credit Rating
· Report: Complicated Tax Codes Forcing Americans To Give Up Citizenship
· Expat Focus Financial Update 26 September 2016
· Merrill Lynch Closing Brokerage Accounts For US Expats
· 7 Practical Tips For Saving Oodles Of Money As An Expat
· Expat Focus Financial Update 12 September 2016
±Latest Health Articles
· Expat Focus International Healthcare Update 30 September 2016
· Unusual Expat Illnesses And Injuries
· Expat Focus International Healthcare Update 14 September 2016
· 5 Places Where Healthcare Is Better Than The US
· Expat Focus International Healthcare Update 07 September 2016
· 5 Places Where Healthcare is Better Than The UK
· Expat Focus International Healthcare Update 24 August 2016
· Interview With Stephanie Eltz, Founder, Doctify
· Expat Focus International Healthcare Update 02 August 2016
Leisure, Entertainment and SportBack to top Back to main Skip to menu
Kuwait - Leisure, Entertainment and Sport
Kuwait has become a very commercially developed country for tourists and visitors it offers a wide range of attractions and services. Although the country's hotel industry is relatively small, it offers guests a high level of luxury and comfort.
One of the main leisure activities that everyone should try in Kuwait is the shopping. Visitors can find everything from the traditional souks to up to date commercial shopping centres and there is a wide array of goods on offer.
If you are looking for family activities the Aqua Park is the biggest of its kind and was the first built in the Arab states. It covers an area of over 60,000 square metres. There is something for everyone from the fun water games and big swimming pools to a river, water slides and the excellent beaches.
For those looking for a more cultural experience there is the Dhow Harbour, where visitors can see the old dhows that were previously used for coastal trading, fishing and pearl diving. Tourists can also climb aboard the 'Fateh el Kheir' meaning Bringer of Good Fortune. It is the last surviving wooden dhow spanning back to the pre-oil days and attracts large numbers of visitors each year.
Entertainment City is another fun day out for the whole family. It is located in Al-Doha, 20 km from Kuwait city. It consists of three different theme parks; Arab World, International World and Future World, all of which are surrounded by lush green scenery. It is open all week except on a Saturday and Mondays are reserved for female visitors only.
Green Island is famous for its entertainment facilities which include a 700 seat amphitheatre, an exotic restaurant and an impressive swimming pool. Children in particular will enjoy a day at Green Island which is surrounded by imported artificial rocks, as they roam the castle with its many corridors and waterfalls. The Green Island is situated off the waterfront, which spans 21 kilometres of coastline from Al-Shuwaikh area to Ras Alard.
Another must see is the Musical Fountain garden as it contains over 200 fountains, which are distributed over three levelled pools. Visitors can enjoy delightful sight and sound shows of the musical fountains in the summer evenings. The Musical fountain is located at Al-Murqab, Kuwait City and is open to the public everyday, except Saturdays.
Expat Health Insurance Partners
Our award-winning expatriate business provides health benefits to more than 650,000 members worldwide. In addition, we have helped develop world-class health systems for governments, corporations and providers around the world. We want to be the global leader in delivering world-class health solutions, making quality health care more accessible and empowering people to live healthier lives.
At Bupa we have been helping individuals and families live longer, healthier, happier lives for over 60 years. We are trusted by expats in 190 different countries and have links with healthcare organisations throughout the world. So whether you're moving abroad for a change of career or a change of scene, with our international private health insurance you will always be in safe hands.
Cigna has worked in international health insurance for more than 30 years. Today, Cigna has over 71 million customer relationships around the world. Looking after them is an international workforce of 31,000 people, plus a network of over 1 million hospitals, physicians, clinics and health and wellness specialists worldwide, meaning you have easy access to treatment.