±JOIN OUR NEWSLETTER
±Compare Expat Providers
±Expat Focus Partners
±Latest Financial Articles
· Top Tax Tips For Expats Abroad
· Expat Focus Financial Update 23 November 2016
· The Financial Impact Leaving The US Will Have On Your Family Back Home
· Expat Focus Financial Update 16 November 2016
· Expat Focus Financial Round-Up 09 November 2016
· Shocking Expat Financial Scams - Don't Become A Victim
· Expat Focus Financial Update 03 November 2016
· Expat Focus Financial Update 25 October 2016
· Expat Top Tips For Transferring Currency Overseas
±Latest Health Articles
· Expat Focus International Healthcare Update 10 November 2016
· Expat Focus International Healthcare Update 31 October 2016
· Expat Focus International Healthcare Update 19 October 2016
· Expat Focus International Healthcare Update 30 September 2016
· Unusual Expat Illnesses And Injuries
· Expat Focus International Healthcare Update 14 September 2016
· 5 Places Where Healthcare Is Better Than The US
· Expat Focus International Healthcare Update 07 September 2016
· 5 Places Where Healthcare is Better Than The UK
Speaking the LanguageBack to top Back to main Skip to menu
Malta - Speaking the Language
The Maltese language is Arabic in origin, but written in the Roman alphabet, and contains many words derived from English, French and Italian.
Added 01/03/06 by Diego - "It is my understanding while living in Malta that the opposite is actually true: Italian television and radio was reportedly the majority of programming available to the islands until the last couple of decades or so. Thus being, Italian was almost a necessity to the culture during that time. From my experience, I have seen a far greater percentage of Maltese 30+ years of age who speak fluent Italian, than the percentage of Maltese under 30 who speak Italian. Most programming available in Malta is now in English".
Expat Health Insurance Partners
Our award-winning expatriate business provides health benefits to more than 650,000 members worldwide. In addition, we have helped develop world-class health systems for governments, corporations and providers around the world. We want to be the global leader in delivering world-class health solutions, making quality health care more accessible and empowering people to live healthier lives.
At Bupa we have been helping individuals and families live longer, healthier, happier lives for over 60 years. We are trusted by expats in 190 different countries and have links with healthcare organisations throughout the world. So whether you're moving abroad for a change of career or a change of scene, with our international private health insurance you will always be in safe hands.
Cigna has worked in international health insurance for more than 30 years. Today, Cigna has over 71 million customer relationships around the world. Looking after them is an international workforce of 31,000 people, plus a network of over 1 million hospitals, physicians, clinics and health and wellness specialists worldwide, meaning you have easy access to treatment.