±JOIN OUR NEWSLETTER
±Compare Expat Providers
±Expat Focus Partners
±Latest Financial Articles
· Expat Focus International Finance Update 14 March 2017
· Do Expats Really Need An Offshore Bank Account?
· American Living Abroad? Here's How To File Your Tax Return
· Where Do The World's Highest Paid Expats Live?
· Expat Focus Financial Update 08 March 2017
· 5 Reasons to Move to the Glittering Shores of Cyprus
· Expat Focus Financial Update 01 March 2017
· Expat Focus Financial Update 22 February 2017
· Expat Focus Financial Update 16 February 2017
±Latest Health Articles
· Moving Abroad? Read Our Essential Health Checklist
· Expat Focus International Healthcare Update 16 March 2017
· Coming To The UK? Here's What You Need To Know About The National Health Service
· How Can Telephone Counselling Help Expats Dealing With Loneliness Abroad?
· Expat Focus International Healthcare Update 02 March 2017
· Expat Focus International Healthcare Update 27 February 2017
· Could Moving Abroad Be The Key To Improving Your Health?
· Expat Focus International Healthcare Update 03 February 2017
· Expat Focus International Healthcare Update 20 January 2017
Social SecurityBack to top Back to main Skip to menu
Malta - Social Security
Anyone who works in Malta, with the exception of expatriates employed by off-shore companies in the Freeport zone, is required to contribute to the social security system, and will be eligible to receive social security benefits. The system funds a wide range of benefits including maternity, unemployment and disability benefits, as well as sick pay and pensions. These benefits are mostly taxable.
Contributions are deducted from salaries along with tax and employers are required to match the payments of their employees with a similar level of contribution. Payments are on a graduated scale, up to a maximum of 10% of income.
Expat Health Insurance Partners
Our award-winning expatriate business provides health benefits to more than 650,000 members worldwide. In addition, we have helped develop world-class health systems for governments, corporations and providers around the world. We want to be the global leader in delivering world-class health solutions, making quality health care more accessible and empowering people to live healthier lives.
At Bupa we have been helping individuals and families live longer, healthier, happier lives for over 60 years. We are trusted by expats in 190 different countries and have links with healthcare organisations throughout the world. So whether you're moving abroad for a change of career or a change of scene, with our international private health insurance you will always be in safe hands.
Cigna has worked in international health insurance for more than 30 years. Today, Cigna has over 71 million customer relationships around the world. Looking after them is an international workforce of 31,000 people, plus a network of over 1 million hospitals, physicians, clinics and health and wellness specialists worldwide, meaning you have easy access to treatment.