±JOIN OUR NEWSLETTER
±Compare Expat Providers
±Expat Focus Partners
±Latest Financial Articles
· Buying Property In Europe? Here’s What Your Money Will Get You And Where
· Expat Focus Financial Update 18 January 2017
· Expat Focus Financial Update 12 January 2017
· Expat Focus Financial Update 05 January 2017
· Expat Focus Financial Update 22 December 2016
· Expat Investment Trust Opportunities After The Brexit Vote
· Expat Focus Financial Update 15 December 2016
· Why Is Demand For European Property Climbing Among British Investors?
· Expat Focus Financial Update 01 December 2016
±Latest Health Articles
· Expat Focus Healthcare Update 06 January 2017
· Expat Focus International Healthcare Update 22 December 2016
· Expat Focus International Healthcare Update 25 November 2016
· Expat Focus International Healthcare Update 10 November 2016
· Expat Focus International Healthcare Update 31 October 2016
· Expat Focus International Healthcare Update 19 October 2016
· Expat Focus International Healthcare Update 30 September 2016
· Unusual Expat Illnesses And Injuries
· Expat Focus International Healthcare Update 14 September 2016
Social SecurityBack to top Back to main Skip to menu
Malta - Social Security
Anyone who works in Malta, with the exception of expatriates employed by off-shore companies in the Freeport zone, is required to contribute to the social security system, and will be eligible to receive social security benefits. The system funds a wide range of benefits including maternity, unemployment and disability benefits, as well as sick pay and pensions. These benefits are mostly taxable.
Contributions are deducted from salaries along with tax and employers are required to match the payments of their employees with a similar level of contribution. Payments are on a graduated scale, up to a maximum of 10% of income.
Expat Health Insurance Partners
Our award-winning expatriate business provides health benefits to more than 650,000 members worldwide. In addition, we have helped develop world-class health systems for governments, corporations and providers around the world. We want to be the global leader in delivering world-class health solutions, making quality health care more accessible and empowering people to live healthier lives.
At Bupa we have been helping individuals and families live longer, healthier, happier lives for over 60 years. We are trusted by expats in 190 different countries and have links with healthcare organisations throughout the world. So whether you're moving abroad for a change of career or a change of scene, with our international private health insurance you will always be in safe hands.
Cigna has worked in international health insurance for more than 30 years. Today, Cigna has over 71 million customer relationships around the world. Looking after them is an international workforce of 31,000 people, plus a network of over 1 million hospitals, physicians, clinics and health and wellness specialists worldwide, meaning you have easy access to treatment.