±JOIN OUR NEWSLETTER
±Compare Expat Providers
±Expat Focus Partners
±Latest Financial Articles
· Expat Top Tips For Transferring Currency Overseas
· Expat Focus Financial Update 18 October 2016
· How To Set Up A Bank Account In The UK - Advice For New Expats
· How To Reduce Your Debts While Living Abroad
· Expat Focus Financial Update 05 October 2016
· How To Open A Bank Account Abroad Without A Credit Rating
· Report: Complicated Tax Codes Forcing Americans To Give Up Citizenship
· Expat Focus Financial Update 26 September 2016
· Merrill Lynch Closing Brokerage Accounts For US Expats
±Latest Health Articles
· Expat Focus International Healthcare Update 30 September 2016
· Unusual Expat Illnesses And Injuries
· Expat Focus International Healthcare Update 14 September 2016
· 5 Places Where Healthcare Is Better Than The US
· Expat Focus International Healthcare Update 07 September 2016
· 5 Places Where Healthcare is Better Than The UK
· Expat Focus International Healthcare Update 24 August 2016
· Interview With Stephanie Eltz, Founder, Doctify
· Expat Focus International Healthcare Update 02 August 2016
Visas, Residency, Immigration & DocumentationBack to top Back to main Skip to menu
Qatar - Visas, Residency, Immigration & DocumentationPage: 1/2
Everyone apart from the citizens of the GCC states needs a visa to enter Qatar. For short stays, the nationals of 33 countries including the UK, US, Canada, Australia and New Zealand can be issued with a 2-week visa on arrival at Doha, on payment of a small fee. A list of these countries is available on the Doha airport website.
For longer stays visas should be obtained through the Qatar Embassy or Consulate in the applicant's country of origin before travelling to Qatar. First, a sponsor in Qatar, usually the employer offering the person a job, must apply to the Ministry of Interior, who will issue the visa either to the employer or to the applicant via the overseas Embassy.
It is reportedly very difficult for young single females to obtain long-stay visas.
Commercial Visit Visas - issued for up to 14 days, extendable for up to 3 months. Work Visit Visas - valid for one year and renewable. Personal Visit Visas - issued to the spouse and dependents of a foreign national who is employed in Qatar. These are valid for up to one year and are renewable after exiting the country.
Expat Health Insurance Partners
Our award-winning expatriate business provides health benefits to more than 650,000 members worldwide. In addition, we have helped develop world-class health systems for governments, corporations and providers around the world. We want to be the global leader in delivering world-class health solutions, making quality health care more accessible and empowering people to live healthier lives.
At Bupa we have been helping individuals and families live longer, healthier, happier lives for over 60 years. We are trusted by expats in 190 different countries and have links with healthcare organisations throughout the world. So whether you're moving abroad for a change of career or a change of scene, with our international private health insurance you will always be in safe hands.
Cigna has worked in international health insurance for more than 30 years. Today, Cigna has over 71 million customer relationships around the world. Looking after them is an international workforce of 31,000 people, plus a network of over 1 million hospitals, physicians, clinics and health and wellness specialists worldwide, meaning you have easy access to treatment.