±Get Our Free Expat Guide
±Compare Expat Providers
±Expat Focus Partners
· International Investor? Important Issues To Consider
· Expat Focus Financial Update 06 June 2016
· Expat Focus Financial Update 30 May 2016
· The Best Countries For Expats According To The Personal Finance Index
· Expat Focus Financial Update 23 May 2016
· Expat Focus Financial Update 16 May 2016
· Expat Focus Financial Update 09 May 2016
· Expat Focus Financial Update 2 May 2016
· New Expat? Don't Become A Victim Of Bad Financial Advice
Social SecurityBack to top Back to main Skip to menu
Taiwan - Social Security
The Labor Insurance Program provides retirement, disability and survivors' pensions in the form of a lump sum. Although there is now an unemployment insurance scheme, only a small proportion of workers who become unemployed qualify for this scheme.
A comprehensive national health insurance scheme was introduced in 1995, providing medical coverage for all employees and the non-employed. Employees contribute 1.3% of their earnings and employers 4.6% of their payroll to the scheme.
Apart from health benefits, most foreign nationals do not qualify for social insurance payments in Taiwan.
Expat Health Insurance Partners
At Bupa we have been helping individuals and families live longer, healthier, happier lives for over 60 years. We are trusted by expats in 190 different countries and have links with healthcare organisations throughout the world. So whether you're moving abroad for a change of career or a change of scene, with our international private health insurance you will always be in safe hands.
Cigna has worked in international health insurance for more than 30 years. Today, Cigna has over 71 million customer relationships around the world. Looking after them is an international workforce of 31,000 people, plus a network of over 1 million hospitals, physicians, clinics and health and wellness specialists worldwide, meaning you have easy access to treatment.