±JOIN OUR NEWSLETTER
±Compare Expat Providers
±Expat Focus Partners
±Latest Financial Articles
· Report: Complicated Tax Codes Forcing Americans To Give Up Citizenship
· Expat Focus Financial Update 26 September 2016
· Merrill Lynch Closing Brokerage Accounts For US Expats
· 7 Practical Tips For Saving Oodles Of Money As An Expat
· Expat Focus Financial Update 12 September 2016
· What Does It Take To Become An Expat? Some Things To Consider
· Expat Focus Financial Update 05 September 2016
· Should UK Expats In The UAE Transfer Their Pensions?
· Expat Focus Finance Update 29 August 2016
±Latest Health Articles
· Unusual Expat Illnesses And Injuries
· Expat Focus International Healthcare Update 14 September 2016
· 5 Places Where Healthcare Is Better Than The US
· Expat Focus International Healthcare Update 07 September 2016
· 5 Places Where Healthcare is Better Than The UK
· Expat Focus International Healthcare Update 24 August 2016
· Interview With Stephanie Eltz, Founder, Doctify
· Expat Focus International Healthcare Update 02 August 2016
· The Ten Best Countries For Healthcare In Europe
Visas, Residency, Immigration & DocumentationBack to top Back to main Skip to menu
Taiwan - Visas, Residency, Immigration & DocumentationPage: 1/2
Any foreign national entering Taiwan is required to hold a passport with at least six months' remaining validity.
The citizens of many western countries including the USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand and most EU countries are not required to obtain a visa to enter Taiwan for a stay not exceeding 30 days, but must have a confirmed air ticket and seat reservation for their onward or return journey.
All other foreign nationals entering Taiwan for 30 days or less, and anyone wishing to enter Taiwan for the purpose of tourism, business or study for a period exceeding 30 days, must obtain a visitor's visa in advance from a Taiwan representative office or a Republic of China embassy (most countries do recognize the ROC as a nation state, and do not therefore permit the Taiwan government to establish an official embassy).
Visitor's visas can be issued on a single entry basis or a multiple entry basis for a period up to five years, and they generally permit entry to Taiwan for a stay of up to 60 days each time.
Documents which are required to support a work permit application include the employment agreement issued by an employer in Taiwan, full details of qualifications and work experience, academic qualification certificates, two passport-size photos, and details of the employer's income tax return, company or business licenses and certificate of recognition. Documents should be submitted in English, notarized and signed by the Taiwan consulate or equivalent representative. Some western countries are exempt from this requirement for consular certification. Two to three weeks are normally required to process applications.
Expat Health Insurance Partners
Our award-winning expatriate business provides health benefits to more than 650,000 members worldwide. In addition, we have helped develop world-class health systems for governments, corporations and providers around the world. We want to be the global leader in delivering world-class health solutions, making quality health care more accessible and empowering people to live healthier lives.
At Bupa we have been helping individuals and families live longer, healthier, happier lives for over 60 years. We are trusted by expats in 190 different countries and have links with healthcare organisations throughout the world. So whether you're moving abroad for a change of career or a change of scene, with our international private health insurance you will always be in safe hands.
Cigna has worked in international health insurance for more than 30 years. Today, Cigna has over 71 million customer relationships around the world. Looking after them is an international workforce of 31,000 people, plus a network of over 1 million hospitals, physicians, clinics and health and wellness specialists worldwide, meaning you have easy access to treatment.