±Compare Expat Providers

Expat Health Insurance Quotes

Foreign Currency Exchange Quotes

International Moving Quotes

We're very social! Follow Expat Focus on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Google+

Expat Focus Facebook PageExpat Focus on TwitterExpat Focus Pinterest PageExpat Focus Google+ Page

Notify me when new content is added about a country

±Expat Focus Partners

Visas, Residency, Immigration & Documentation

Taiwan - Visas, Residency, Immigration & Documentation

Page: 1/2

Passports and Entry Visas

Any foreign national entering Taiwan is required to hold a passport with at least six months' remaining validity.

The citizens of many western countries including the USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand and most EU countries are not required to obtain a visa to enter Taiwan for a stay not exceeding 30 days, but must have a confirmed air ticket and seat reservation for their onward or return journey.

All other foreign nationals entering Taiwan for 30 days or less, and anyone wishing to enter Taiwan for the purpose of tourism, business or study for a period exceeding 30 days, must obtain a visitor's visa in advance from a Taiwan representative office or a Republic of China embassy (most countries do recognize the ROC as a nation state, and do not therefore permit the Taiwan government to establish an official embassy).

Visitor's visas can be issued on a single entry basis or a multiple entry basis for a period up to five years, and they generally permit entry to Taiwan for a stay of up to 60 days each time.

Work Permits

Documents which are required to support a work permit application include the employment agreement issued by an employer in Taiwan, full details of qualifications and work experience, academic qualification certificates, two passport-size photos, and details of the employer's income tax return, company or business licenses and certificate of recognition. Documents should be submitted in English, notarized and signed by the Taiwan consulate or equivalent representative. Some western countries are exempt from this requirement for consular certification. Two to three weeks are normally required to process applications.

Read more about this country

Expat Health Insurance Partners


Our award-winning expatriate business provides health benefits to more than 650,000 members worldwide. In addition, we have helped develop world-class health systems for governments, corporations and providers around the world. We want to be the global leader in delivering world-class health solutions, making quality health care more accessible and empowering people to live healthier lives.

AXA - Global Healthcare

As the global healthcare specialists for AXA, the world’s number one insurance brand, we can help you get fast access to expert medical care, whenever and wherever you need it. All our plans include evacuation and repatriation, a second medical opinion service and extra support from a dedicated case manager if you’re diagnosed with cancer. You’ll also have 24/7 support from our caring multilingual team - we’ll always remember you’re a person, not a case number.

Bupa Global

At Bupa we have been helping individuals and families live longer, healthier, happier lives for over 60 years. We are trusted by expats in 190 different countries and have links with healthcare organisations throughout the world. So whether you're moving abroad for a change of career or a change of scene, with our international private health insurance you will always be in safe hands.


Cigna has worked in international health insurance for more than 30 years. Today, Cigna has over 71 million customer relationships around the world. Looking after them is an international workforce of 31,000 people, plus a network of over 1 million hospitals, physicians, clinics and health and wellness specialists worldwide, meaning you have easy access to treatment.

Next Page (2/2) Next Page