±JOIN OUR NEWSLETTER
±Compare Expat Providers
±Expat Focus Partners
±Latest Financial Articles
· Expat Focus International Finance Update 14 March 2017
· Do Expats Really Need An Offshore Bank Account?
· American Living Abroad? Here's How To File Your Tax Return
· Where Do The World's Highest Paid Expats Live?
· Expat Focus Financial Update 08 March 2017
· 5 Reasons to Move to the Glittering Shores of Cyprus
· Expat Focus Financial Update 01 March 2017
· Expat Focus Financial Update 22 February 2017
· Expat Focus Financial Update 16 February 2017
±Latest Health Articles
· Moving Abroad? Read Our Essential Health Checklist
· Expat Focus International Healthcare Update 16 March 2017
· Coming To The UK? Here's What You Need To Know About The National Health Service
· How Can Telephone Counselling Help Expats Dealing With Loneliness Abroad?
· Expat Focus International Healthcare Update 02 March 2017
· Expat Focus International Healthcare Update 27 February 2017
· Could Moving Abroad Be The Key To Improving Your Health?
· Expat Focus International Healthcare Update 03 February 2017
· Expat Focus International Healthcare Update 20 January 2017
Currency and Cost of LivingBack to top Back to main Skip to menu
Turkey - Currency and Cost of Living
The following is a very rough idea of the cost of living in Marmaris excerpted from aboutmarmaris.com. The prices below are estimated with the exchange rate at 2.000.000 TL to GBP1 which was the average exchange rate at the time of publication, but please note, the Lira can vary daily. Check with a currency converter for up to date rates.
|Kilo of tomatoes/most veg||0.25||0.35||0.37|
|Loaf of bread||0.15||0.25||0.30|
|Half kilo of butter||0 .60||1.60||1.40|
|Kilo of cheese||1.20||3.50||3.70|
|Litre of Milk||0.40||0.60||0.62|
|Kilo of meat||2.50||4.00||4.00|
|Cafe Meal (from)||1.50||2.19||2.30|
|Packet of Cigarettes||0.76||1.12||1.19|
|Restaurant Meal (from)||5.00||7.30||7.77|
|Bottle of wine||5.00||8.00||7.00|
* Telephone calls to other countries are very expensive
To view images of the new Turkish currency visit this site:
Expat Health Insurance Partners
Our award-winning expatriate business provides health benefits to more than 650,000 members worldwide. In addition, we have helped develop world-class health systems for governments, corporations and providers around the world. We want to be the global leader in delivering world-class health solutions, making quality health care more accessible and empowering people to live healthier lives.
At Bupa we have been helping individuals and families live longer, healthier, happier lives for over 60 years. We are trusted by expats in 190 different countries and have links with healthcare organisations throughout the world. So whether you're moving abroad for a change of career or a change of scene, with our international private health insurance you will always be in safe hands.
Cigna has worked in international health insurance for more than 30 years. Today, Cigna has over 71 million customer relationships around the world. Looking after them is an international workforce of 31,000 people, plus a network of over 1 million hospitals, physicians, clinics and health and wellness specialists worldwide, meaning you have easy access to treatment.