±JOIN OUR NEWSLETTER
±Compare Expat Providers
±Expat Focus Partners
±Latest Financial Articles
· 10 Things To Think About Before You Move Abroad In Your Middle Age
· Expat Focus Financial Update August 2017
· What Could Higher Interest Rates Mean For Your Overseas Property Purchase?
· Expat Focus Financial Update July 2017
· The Lifestyles And Cultures Of Great Expat Locations
· Understanding Exchange Rates for Your Overseas Property Purchase
· Interview With Duncan Khoury, Head of Marketing, World First Australia
· Expat Focus Financial Update June 2017
· Relocation Destinations For The Politically Minded And Socially Progressive Expat
Currency and Cost of LivingBack to top Back to main Skip to menu
Turkey - Currency and Cost of Living
The following is a very rough idea of the cost of living in Marmaris excerpted from aboutmarmaris.com. The prices below are estimated with the exchange rate at 2.000.000 TL to GBP1 which was the average exchange rate at the time of publication, but please note, the Lira can vary daily. Check with a currency converter for up to date rates.
|Kilo of tomatoes/most veg||0.25||0.35||0.37|
|Loaf of bread||0.15||0.25||0.30|
|Half kilo of butter||0 .60||1.60||1.40|
|Kilo of cheese||1.20||3.50||3.70|
|Litre of Milk||0.40||0.60||0.62|
|Kilo of meat||2.50||4.00||4.00|
|Cafe Meal (from)||1.50||2.19||2.30|
|Packet of Cigarettes||0.76||1.12||1.19|
|Restaurant Meal (from)||5.00||7.30||7.77|
|Bottle of wine||5.00||8.00||7.00|
* Telephone calls to other countries are very expensive
To view images of the new Turkish currency visit this site:
Read more about this country
Expat Health Insurance Partners
Our award-winning expatriate business provides health benefits to more than 650,000 members worldwide. In addition, we have helped develop world-class health systems for governments, corporations and providers around the world. We want to be the global leader in delivering world-class health solutions, making quality health care more accessible and empowering people to live healthier lives.
At Bupa we have been helping individuals and families live longer, healthier, happier lives for over 60 years. We are trusted by expats in 190 different countries and have links with healthcare organisations throughout the world. So whether you're moving abroad for a change of career or a change of scene, with our international private health insurance you will always be in safe hands.
Cigna has worked in international health insurance for more than 30 years. Today, Cigna has over 71 million customer relationships around the world. Looking after them is an international workforce of 31,000 people, plus a network of over 1 million hospitals, physicians, clinics and health and wellness specialists worldwide, meaning you have easy access to treatment.