±JOIN OUR NEWSLETTER
±Compare Expat Providers
±Expat Focus Partners
±Latest Financial Articles
· Five Questions You Must Ask Your Expat Financial Adviser
· Expat Focus Financial Update 15 August 2016
· Charles Schwab Announces Account Closures For US Citizens In Five Countries, More Expected
· Common Expat Investment Scams And How To Avoid Them
· Expat Focus Financial Update 08 August 2016
· Expat Focus Financial Update 01 August 2016
· A Guide To International Bank Accounts For Frequent Relocators
· Expat Focus Financial Update 25 July 2016
· A Short Expat Guide To International Bank Accounts
±Latest Health Articles
· Interview With Stephanie Eltz, Founder, Doctify
· Expat Focus International Healthcare Update 02 August 2016
· The Ten Best Countries For Healthcare In Europe
· Expat Focus International Healthcare Update 26 July 2016
· Expat Focus International Healthcare Update 19 July 2016
Buying PropertyBack to top Back to main Skip to menu
United Arab Emirates (UAE) - Buying Property
It used to be the case that foreigners were not permitted to purchase property anywhere within the United Arab Emirates. However, in Dubai it has now become possible for foreigners to buy in a few new developments.
Lenders often do not consider individual properties but will only lend on specific developments. Furthermore it can be difficult for non-residents to obtain a mortgage as there are only a few banks who will consider lending to non-GCC non-residents (it is not unknown for non-residents to put down a deposit on a property only to find that they are unable to obtain finance for the rest of the purchase price.) Also keep in mind that many lenders will only lend up to 70% of the launch price of the property and buyers may be expected to put down a deposit of around 50-60% of the property's market value.
Building standards are acceptable (by UK standards) and villas are spacious and well equipped.
Expat Health Insurance Partners
Our award-winning expatriate business provides health benefits to more than 650,000 members worldwide. In addition, we have helped develop world-class health systems for governments, corporations and providers around the world. We want to be the global leader in delivering world-class health solutions, making quality health care more accessible and empowering people to live healthier lives.
At Bupa we have been helping individuals and families live longer, healthier, happier lives for over 60 years. We are trusted by expats in 190 different countries and have links with healthcare organisations throughout the world. So whether you're moving abroad for a change of career or a change of scene, with our international private health insurance you will always be in safe hands.
Cigna has worked in international health insurance for more than 30 years. Today, Cigna has over 71 million customer relationships around the world. Looking after them is an international workforce of 31,000 people, plus a network of over 1 million hospitals, physicians, clinics and health and wellness specialists worldwide, meaning you have easy access to treatment.