Expat USA

  

  Understanding Expat Healthcare In The US


Articles - United States (USA)

The reputation and costs for the American healthcare system are known throughout the world and health premiums will not be cheap.

That's because healthcare in the US is a costly process, it's ranked as being the most expensive in the world.

According to one national British newspaper, many British expats opt to fly home to the UK for health treatment rather than navigate the American healthcare system. The newspaper points out that even after paying for air fares, the treatment still costs less than it does in the US.   more ...

  9 Ways To Save Money While Living In New York


Articles - United States (USA)

There is always something to do in New York, and expats moving there will be spoilt for choice. From exotic restaurants that serve up a multitude of different cuisines, to traditional American diners. There are restaurants, bars, nightclubs and live concerts scattered across the city that never sleeps. New York is an ideal destination for those who want to remain rooted with their culture, considering that the city is one of the most ethnically and culturally diverse cities in the United States.   more ...

  An Expat Guide To Tipping In The US


Articles - United States (USA)

One of the most frequent questions expats in the United States find themselves asking is simple: Why am I expected to tip for services? Tipping in the US has a relatively short history, and its necessity is linked to the wage laws surrounding workers, particularly servers, in restaurants. In the US, it is considered polite to tip at least 10% of your overall bill, even if the service was poor. If the service met your expectations, 20% is expected. If the service was exemplary, it is acceptable to tip 25-30% or more. While it may seem utterly ridiculous to have to tip even if your service was poor, there’s a reason behind it.   more ...

  USA - Recommended Blogs


Articles - United States (USA)

At Expat Focus, we like to be on the lookout for resources around the web that could help prospective expats adjust to their new countries. Today, we’re taking a look at the USA and some of the blogs that might be useful for expats there.   more ...

  How Living The American Dream Can Turn Into An Expat Nightmare


Articles - United States (USA)

The American Dream, rooted in the Declaration of Independence, proclaims that all men have been created equal and have the right to life, liberty, equality as well as the pursuit of happiness. In the past, this ideal only applied to white men; however, it has undergone a significant change over a period of time. Today, men, women and children in the United States of America are entitled to these rights, regardless of their race, color, nationality, age, gender and social status.   more ...

text
 

Notify me when new content is added

Compare international moving quotes
Get expat financial advice
Meet expats in our friendly forum
Read expat experiences
Share your expat experience
Read expat articles or add your own
View expat videos or add your own
Add an expat blog to our directory
Join expat groups, clubs and societies









Get free quotes for a range of services from our trusted partners

EXPAT INSURANCE

• Leading international insurers
• Unrivalled global medical networks
• World-class 24/7 customer service
• Flexible products to meet your needs

More info

CURRENCY TRANSFERS

• Best exchange rate guarantee
• No commission
• Same day payments available
• Dedicated, professional consultants
• All bank receiving charges covered

More info

UK TAX SERVICES

• Advice for UK expat high-earners
• Also for foreign nationals paying UK tax
• Advice for expats and companies
• Over 14 years specialist experience

More info

US TAX SERVICES

• Lower rates than most US CPAs
• Over 25 years specialist experience
• Full-time expat tax professional
• For US citizens and foreign nationals

More info

US CITIZENS ABROAD

• IRA/401k management
• Over 10 years specialist experience
• Investments customized for each client
• Specialist in US expat finances

More info

EXPATS IN THE USA

• Over 10 years specialist experience
• SIPPs, IRAs, 401ks and more
• Portfolio and investment management
• Offshore investment accounts

More info

FRANCE MORTGAGES

• Wide selection of French mortgages
• Over 20 French mortgage lenders
• French banks with established presence
• Vast experience of property market

More info

EXPAT BANKING

• Apply for an international account
• Options to suit your needs
• Multi-currency accounts, savings accounts etc.
• Send and receive funds worldwide

More info