±JOIN OUR NEWSLETTER
±Compare Expat Providers
±Expat Focus Partners
±Latest Financial Articles
· How To Set Up A Bank Account In The UK - Advice For New Expats
· How To Reduce Your Debts While Living Abroad
· Expat Focus Financial Update 05 October 2016
· How To Open A Bank Account Abroad Without A Credit Rating
· Report: Complicated Tax Codes Forcing Americans To Give Up Citizenship
· Expat Focus Financial Update 26 September 2016
· Merrill Lynch Closing Brokerage Accounts For US Expats
· 7 Practical Tips For Saving Oodles Of Money As An Expat
· Expat Focus Financial Update 12 September 2016
±Latest Health Articles
· Expat Focus International Healthcare Update 30 September 2016
· Unusual Expat Illnesses And Injuries
· Expat Focus International Healthcare Update 14 September 2016
· 5 Places Where Healthcare Is Better Than The US
· Expat Focus International Healthcare Update 07 September 2016
· 5 Places Where Healthcare is Better Than The UK
· Expat Focus International Healthcare Update 24 August 2016
· Interview With Stephanie Eltz, Founder, Doctify
· Expat Focus International Healthcare Update 02 August 2016
Taking Your PetsBack to top Back to main Skip to menu
United States of America (USA) - Taking Your Pets
All birds require a 30 day quarantine on arrival in the USA. For other animals you should enquire at a US Embassy, but your travel agent may also be able to assist.
Pets do not need passports to enter the USA. However, in many cases you will need special Import Permits.
This is a new way of identifying your pet. It consists of inserting a microchip with relevant names and addresses just under the skin of your pet. If you have already had your pet microchipped, simply contact the service provider to give them the updated address for you and your pet. This new system is proving popular since it cannot fall off, as tags can, and it is also inexpensive. For example, the cost in Arizona for this process is $20 per pet.
The microchipping service Home Again (www.homeagainid.com) has returned upward of 250,000 pets using this method. The US Navy favors it so strongly that the Kings Bay Naval Base in Georgia has made it mandatory, 'chip your pet, or do not own one'.
Finding a vet
The easy way to find a veterinarian in the USA is to refer to the Yellow Pages, a telephone advertising directory that is supplied to every residence that has telephone service.
Expat Health Insurance Partners
Our award-winning expatriate business provides health benefits to more than 650,000 members worldwide. In addition, we have helped develop world-class health systems for governments, corporations and providers around the world. We want to be the global leader in delivering world-class health solutions, making quality health care more accessible and empowering people to live healthier lives.
At Bupa we have been helping individuals and families live longer, healthier, happier lives for over 60 years. We are trusted by expats in 190 different countries and have links with healthcare organisations throughout the world. So whether you're moving abroad for a change of career or a change of scene, with our international private health insurance you will always be in safe hands.
Cigna has worked in international health insurance for more than 30 years. Today, Cigna has over 71 million customer relationships around the world. Looking after them is an international workforce of 31,000 people, plus a network of over 1 million hospitals, physicians, clinics and health and wellness specialists worldwide, meaning you have easy access to treatment.