±JOIN OUR FREE NEWSLETTER
±Compare Expat Providers
±Expat Focus Partners
±Latest Financial Articles
· Life Down Under – 10 Things You Didn’t Know About Living In Australia
· The Top 5 Things American Expats Need To Know When Filing US Taxes Abroad
· Expat Focus Financial Update April 2018
· Expat Focus Financial Update March 2018
· Moving Abroad, Before And After Brexit
· Expat Focus Financial Update February 2018
· How To Navigate Brexit When Sending Money Abroad
· Expat Focus Financial Update January 2018
· Top Tips for Buying a Property Overseas in 2018
Advice Please - Moving to Panama from Canada
Subforums: Property for Sale/Rent
We have decided to leave the Canadian winters and migrate to Panama. We are in our late 40s with 2 teenage girls. We have decided to find a place in Bocas del Toro as we love the whole snorkeling/diving thing. We are looking for experiences, advice.. anything to assist us in this. A big question for us is the permanent visa requirements. We could buy a property per the regulations but would prefer it if there were other options. Some have suggested to just leave and go to Costa Rica or somewhere for 2 days every 90 days and just get a new guest visa. Does this work? Is it legal? Are there any issues just renewing your 90 day visa every 90 days? .. and is it as simple as just leaving the country for 2 days and getting a new visa stamp upon re-entry? Thanks for your help.
Expat Health Insurance Partners
Bupa Global is one of the world’s largest international health insurers. We offer direct access to over 1.2m medical providers worldwide, and we settle directly with them so you don’t have to pay up front for your treatment. We provide access to leading specialists without the need to see your family doctor first and ensure that you have the same level of cover wherever you might be, home or away.
Cigna has worked in international health insurance for more than 30 years. Today, Cigna has over 71 million customer relationships around the world. Looking after them is an international workforce of 31,000 people, plus a network of over 1 million hospitals, physicians, clinics and health and wellness specialists worldwide, meaning you have easy access to treatment.