±Get Our Free Expat Guide
Subscribe to the Expat Focus newsletter and get our Guide to Moving Abroad!
±Compare Expat Providers
±Expat Focus Partners
· New Expat? Don't Become A Victim Of Bad Financial Advice
· Expat Focus Financial Update 22 Apr 2016
· Expat Focus Financial Update 13 Apr 2016
· Don't Let Property Investing Become Too Taxing
· Expat Focus Financial Update 04/04/16
· Expats: Where To Earn The Best Money And Enjoy Life
· Why Your Brokerage Firm Is Freezing Your Mutual Funds (And What To Do About It)
· Save Or Invest? How Expats Can Beat Low Interest Rates
· Interview With Simon Hilton, Foreign Exchange Specialist
Advice Please - Moving to Panama from Canada
Subforums: Property for Sale/Rent
We have decided to leave the Canadian winters and migrate to Panama. We are in our late 40s with 2 teenage girls. We have decided to find a place in Bocas del Toro as we love the whole snorkeling/diving thing. We are looking for experiences, advice.. anything to assist us in this. A big question for us is the permanent visa requirements. We could buy a property per the regulations but would prefer it if there were other options. Some have suggested to just leave and go to Costa Rica or somewhere for 2 days every 90 days and just get a new guest visa. Does this work? Is it legal? Are there any issues just renewing your 90 day visa every 90 days? .. and is it as simple as just leaving the country for 2 days and getting a new visa stamp upon re-entry? Thanks for your help.
Share this topic and get more replies!
Expat Focus Preferred Health Insurance Partners
At Bupa we have been helping individuals and families live longer, healthier, happier lives for over 60 years. We are trusted by expats in 190 different countries and have links with healthcare organisations throughout the world. So whether you're moving abroad for a change of career or a change of scene, with our international private health insurance you will always be in safe hands.
Cigna has worked in international health insurance for more than 30 years. Today, Cigna has over 71 million customer relationships around the world. Looking after them is an international workforce of 31,000 people, plus a network of over 1 million hospitals, physicians, clinics and health and wellness specialists worldwide, meaning you have easy access to treatment.