±JOIN OUR NEWSLETTER
Get expat health and financial news, interesting expat articles, social media recommendations and more in your inbox each month - free!
±Compare Expat Providers
±Expat Focus Partners
±Latest Financial Articles
· Expat Focus Financial Update 12 January 2017
· Expat Focus Financial Update 05 January 2017
· Expat Focus Financial Update 22 December 2016
· Expat Investment Trust Opportunities After The Brexit Vote
· Expat Focus Financial Update 15 December 2016
· Why Is Demand For European Property Climbing Among British Investors?
· Expat Focus Financial Update 01 December 2016
· Top Tax Tips For Expats Abroad
· Expat Focus Financial Update 23 November 2016
±Latest Health Articles
· Expat Focus International Healthcare Update 22 December 2016
· Expat Focus International Healthcare Update 25 November 2016
· Expat Focus International Healthcare Update 10 November 2016
· Expat Focus International Healthcare Update 31 October 2016
· Expat Focus International Healthcare Update 19 October 2016
· Expat Focus International Healthcare Update 30 September 2016
· Unusual Expat Illnesses And Injuries
· Expat Focus International Healthcare Update 14 September 2016
· 5 Places Where Healthcare Is Better Than The US
Sky or Freeview ????
Subforums: Property for Sale/Rent, 2nd Hand Items for Sale/Wanted, Job Vacancies/Employment Wanted
Hi All and Brodev
From the list by Brodev it seems that i will have enough with Freesat. I don't watch sport so there is nothing to miss there. For those who wish to see live sport there is a link below. It also works on Ubuntu Linux. I think that with my move my TV will now be enough for me.
I use myp2p and it generally works pretty well especially when there is a big game.I don't know if you have any of the sat equipment yet but can I recommend the Humax hd freesat box it has a pvr and doesn't need a card though it is about 250 quid
Best of luck
- Regular Poster
I can thoroughly recommend the Humax PVR as it is a great piece of kit. However, I notice from the list above that since I have had it installed I've lost some of the channels - we only have Zone Horror but not the other Zones. Must look into that.
- Frequent Poster
We have sky and Meo here.
We pay about £20 for sky a month which is the 6 base packages, and tbh most of what I watch on Sky I can get on Meo i.e. Discovery, CBS Reality and other stuff. The only reason I'm keeping Sky atm is that I have 3 kids and they all love Nick Jr, Cartoon Network and Nicktoons so really I'm paying £20 a month just for them. You can get some Sky channels I believe without a contract, BBC1, 2, ITV, you just need a sky box, not sure you even need a card. But if you are thinking long term and have no UK address it might be best to get Freesat.
Meo is about €50 a month but that's for the phone line and Internet also and my husband has sports on top which is extra but he's PT so only interested in Benfica games!
- Frequent Poster
Expat Health Insurance Partners
Our award-winning expatriate business provides health benefits to more than 650,000 members worldwide. In addition, we have helped develop world-class health systems for governments, corporations and providers around the world. We want to be the global leader in delivering world-class health solutions, making quality health care more accessible and empowering people to live healthier lives.
At Bupa we have been helping individuals and families live longer, healthier, happier lives for over 60 years. We are trusted by expats in 190 different countries and have links with healthcare organisations throughout the world. So whether you're moving abroad for a change of career or a change of scene, with our international private health insurance you will always be in safe hands.
Cigna has worked in international health insurance for more than 30 years. Today, Cigna has over 71 million customer relationships around the world. Looking after them is an international workforce of 31,000 people, plus a network of over 1 million hospitals, physicians, clinics and health and wellness specialists worldwide, meaning you have easy access to treatment.