±JOIN OUR NEWSLETTER
Get expat health and financial news, interesting expat articles, social media recommendations and more in your inbox each month - free!
±Compare Expat Providers
±Expat Focus Partners
±Latest Financial Articles
· Expat Focus Financial Update 21 April 2017
· Expat Focus Financial Update 12 April 2017
· Expat Focus International Finance Update 05 April 2017
· Expat Focus International Finance Update 29 March 2017
· Expat Focus International Finance Update 23 March 2017
· Expat Focus International Finance Update 14 March 2017
· Do Expats Really Need An Offshore Bank Account?
· American Living Abroad? Here's How To File Your Tax Return
· Where Do The World's Highest Paid Expats Live?
±Latest Health Articles
· Expat Focus International Healthcare Update 13 April 2017
· A Guide To Healthcare For Expats With Chronic Illnesses
· Do You Need Terrorism Cover In Your Expat Health Insurance Package?
· Are These The Healthiest Destinations For Expats?
· Why Understanding Expat Healthcare Issues Before You Move Abroad Is So Important
· A Guide To Health Insurance For Expat Freelancers
· Expat Focus International Healthcare Update 30 March 2017
· Why Expat Retirees Should Never Ignore Health Insurance
· Moving Abroad? Read Our Essential Health Checklist
drivers in Riyadh
Subforums: Property for Sale/Rent
can anyone tell me about how much a month it will cost to hire a driver in Riyadh? how avaialble are taxis? or do I need to simply buy my own car to get around?
it will cost abouit 3000 to hire a driver and car. although you should find a taxi ok, you can take a number of one you felt was a good careful driver.
you can rent a small car for 1800-2000 sr per month. depending on home country, your licence may cover you for 3 months to drive in KSA.
While I was in Saudi I was always told don't drive a car yourself because if you have an accident as a foreigner you simply go straight to jail or it was automatically your fault. It is alway best to hire a driver or take a taxi.
I don't know how true this was but I didn't take any chances.
Contact: Mob: +40 7437 35669
Email: muntenia.servicii @ gmail.com
- Forum Leader - Romania
i've been here 18 months now and have always driven myself. i hire a toyota corolla for SR2200 a month.
driving here is a little daunting at first, but you soon (within a few days) get used to the random flow of things.
it's not true about foreigners being locked up in the event of an accident (unless of course you've been drinking or caused a very serious accident). however if you do have an accident, it's helpful to have an arabic speaking friend you can call to translate to the police, as most police don't speak english.
the most important thing if you have an accident, is DO NOT MOVE YOUR CAR OR LEAVE THE SCENE UNTIL THE POLICE ARRIVE. This is law and you'll be in a lot of trouble if you fail to comply. Don't let the other person in the accident talk you into any other option.
Share and Like this topic to get more replies
Expat Health Insurance Partners
Our award-winning expatriate business provides health benefits to more than 650,000 members worldwide. In addition, we have helped develop world-class health systems for governments, corporations and providers around the world. We want to be the global leader in delivering world-class health solutions, making quality health care more accessible and empowering people to live healthier lives.
At Bupa we have been helping individuals and families live longer, healthier, happier lives for over 60 years. We are trusted by expats in 190 different countries and have links with healthcare organisations throughout the world. So whether you're moving abroad for a change of career or a change of scene, with our international private health insurance you will always be in safe hands.
Cigna has worked in international health insurance for more than 30 years. Today, Cigna has over 71 million customer relationships around the world. Looking after them is an international workforce of 31,000 people, plus a network of over 1 million hospitals, physicians, clinics and health and wellness specialists worldwide, meaning you have easy access to treatment.