JOIN OUR FRIENDLY COMMUNITY
Learn from the experiences of other expats and make new friends in our disccussion forums and Facebook groups

READ OUR GUIDE TO MOVING ABROAD
The Expat Focus Guide to Moving Abroad contains everything you need to know when planning an international relocation available now, completely free

COMPARE QUOTES AND SAVE MONEY
Insurance, FX and international movers

LISTEN TO THE EXPAT FOCUS PODCAST
The Expat Focus podcast features interviews with expats living abroad and service providers meeting their needs subscribe today!

EXPERT FINANCIAL ADVICE & SERVICES
From our tax, investment and FX partners

Dubai To Thailand… The Transition

Discussion forum for expats moving to or living in Thailand.

Reply to topicReply to topic
Forum FAQSearchView unanswered posts

Dubai To Thailand… The Transition

Post Posted: Mon May 14, 2012 2:34 am

by Expat Focus columnist, Anne O'Connell

As I massacred a spider as big as my hand with a broom that was thankfully close by, I couldn’t help but think to myself, they didn’t come that big in Dubai. But, here I am in Thailand and that’s one of the things that I’ve adjusted to (umm, not really) since we moved to the beautiful island of Phuket almost seven months ago.

The transition has gone relatively smoothly and we love our new life here. We’re surrounded by beautiful plants and flowers, we listen to the birds singing happily every morning as we drink our coffee on the balcony, the beach is a five minute walk away and the food is glorious. I constantly marvel at the burst of flavours in each and every bite. Fruits and vegetables are crisper and herbs and spices are more pungent.

But… (You knew there was a but somewhere in there, didn’t you?). There are bumps along the road of every change in life. Sometimes you can’t just swerve around them.

If you ignore them, eventually you’ll hit one straight on and wind up scraping or denting your undercarriage. Oww, that smarts!

The Change

Making transitions can be tough and change, even when we choose it, takes some time to smooth out. The change of moving to Thailand was exhilarating, as we had been talking about it for a couple of years. However, there were other changes afoot. The big change for my husband was the “R” word. After 30 years in the aviation business he was hanging up his wings. Quite happily so

here

Carole
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Re: Dubai To Thailand… The Transition

Post Posted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 2:10 pm

All the worlds are true and have strong meaning. Thailand is one the top developing country in Asia. This is the big reason that tourist attack and spend their time with family in Thailand. Its beaches, hotels, historical places, temples, tones and other beautiful spots for domestic as well as foreign visitors. Govt. of Thailand also interested to boost tourism department and full support to provide all the essential facilities.

Ferrarijohn

Ferrarijohn

Page 1 of 1

Copyright © 2019 Expat Focus. All Rights Reserved. Use of this website signifies your agreement to the Terms of Use/Privacy Policy. Comments are property of their posters.
Interactive software released under GNU GPL, Code Credits, Privacy Policy