JOIN OUR FRIENDLY COMMUNITY
Learn from the experiences of other expats and make new friends in our disccussion forums and Facebook groups

READ OUR GUIDE TO MOVING ABROAD
The Expat Focus Guide to Moving Abroad contains everything you need to know when planning an international relocation available now, completely free

COMPARE QUOTES AND SAVE MONEY
Insurance, FX and international movers

LISTEN TO THE EXPAT FOCUS PODCAST
The Expat Focus podcast features interviews with expats living abroad and service providers meeting their needs subscribe today!

EXPERT FINANCIAL ADVICE & SERVICES
From our tax, investment and FX partners

Munich temporary residence inquiry

Discussion forum for expats moving to or living in Germany.

Reply to topicReply to topic
Forum FAQSearchView unanswered posts

Munich temporary residence inquiry

Post Posted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 12:26 am

I am applying for a fellowship that would allow me to spend a month or two in Munich amongst other foreign cities. I was wondering if anyone has any tips/estimates on housing for such a duration.

Also, could anyone supply me with an estimate on how much food and general living expenses might be?

Thanks,
Alex

Weckapaug

Re: Munich temporary residence inquiry

Post Posted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 10:01 pm

It might be a bit late, though it might help others...

Compared to other German areas, Munich is quite expensive. But the prices for food are comparable to the ones in the US in general. Eating out is a little bit more expensive, though.

Apartments have very different prices depending on the area in Munich. Be aware that an unfurnished appartment has really no furniture, sometimes even no kitchen, at least no fidge, etc.
For a short stay you would probably search for an appartment or a room e.g. sharing a flat with students.
Have a look at
www.mrlodge.de/
www.mwz-munich.de/

or if you want your own furnished appartment - very simple furnished but cheap for a short stay (about 25-45 Euro/night)
www.ideal-uebernachten.de/
although the page is only in German.

Regards,
gokm

gokm

Page 1 of 1

Copyright © 2019 Expat Focus. All Rights Reserved. Use of this website signifies your agreement to the Terms of Use/Privacy Policy. Comments are property of their posters.
Interactive software released under GNU GPL, Code Credits, Privacy Policy