JOIN OUR FRIENDLY COMMUNITY
Learn from the experiences of other expats and make new friends in our disccussion forums and Facebook groups

READ OUR GUIDE TO MOVING ABROAD
The Expat Focus Guide to Moving Abroad contains everything you need to know when planning an international relocation available now, completely free

COMPARE QUOTES AND SAVE MONEY
Insurance, FX and international movers

LISTEN TO THE EXPAT FOCUS PODCAST
The Expat Focus podcast features interviews with expats living abroad and service providers meeting their needs subscribe today!

EXPERT FINANCIAL ADVICE & SERVICES
From our tax, investment and FX partners

Cost of Living in Thailand

Discussion forum for expats moving to or living in Thailand.

Reply to topicReply to topic
Forum FAQSearchView unanswered posts

Cost of Living in Thailand

Post Posted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 1:58 am

by Expat Focus columnist, Anne O'Connell

When researching places to settle upon retirement everyone has different requirements and preferences. There are those who have lived the expat life for a long time who can’t wait to go home and settle into a comfortable routine, surrounded by children and grandchildren. Others, such as my husband and me, continue to look for new adventures in exotic and, in our case, warm climes.

A dream we had early on in our marriage was to retire on a sailboat and just float the days away. That could still happen but we’ve taken a bit of a detour and decided to settle on land, for now, in Thailand.

Why, you ask?

Well, other than warm weather year-round, the great food and friendly people, one of our requirements was to find somewhere that our dollar would stretch further and we could live happily on that dreaded ‘fixed income’; where I could continue to write in blissful oblivion and the extra money I made would be gravy.

From Fabulously Frivolous to Fanatically Frugal

Anywhere you go in the world you can find luxurious real estate and high-end dining experiences and that’s no exception in Phuket. However, if you want to live on a budget, there are deals to be found for even the most serious bargain hunter...

Read more

Carole
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Re: Cost of Living in Thailand

Post Posted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:19 pm

Thailand is cheapest country to visit. This is the best destination for a budget traveler. One can enjoy a lot and taste different kinds of mouth watering food in Thailand without loosing much on his pocket. Smile

peterlee

Page 1 of 1

Copyright © 2019 Expat Focus. All Rights Reserved. Use of this website signifies your agreement to the Terms of Use/Privacy Policy. Comments are property of their posters.
Interactive software released under GNU GPL, Code Credits, Privacy Policy