JOIN OUR FRIENDLY COMMUNITY
Learn from the experiences of other expats and make new friends in our disccussion forums and Facebook groups

READ OUR GUIDE TO MOVING ABROAD
The Expat Focus Guide to Moving Abroad contains everything you need to know when planning an international relocation available now, completely free

COMPARE QUOTES AND SAVE MONEY
Insurance, FX and international movers

LISTEN TO THE EXPAT FOCUS PODCAST
The Expat Focus podcast features interviews with expats living abroad and service providers meeting their needs subscribe today!

EXPERT FINANCIAL ADVICE & SERVICES
From our tax, investment and FX partners

leasing a shop in Koh Samui

Discussion forum for expats moving to or living in Thailand.

Reply to topicReply to topic
Forum FAQSearchView unanswered posts

leasing a shop in Koh Samui

Post Posted: Mon May 05, 2014 7:52 am

Hi everyone,

Just looking for some assistance into renting/leasing a shop in koh samui, Chaweng(main strip) possibly near the new central festival shopping centre or in that vicinity. How much does it cost roughly, Who can i contact? are there any agents that deal with rental. i havent been visiting Chaweng for 5 years now and i love it. i thought i would look into opening a business here. im just tired of endless road blocks trying to find something to lease!

any help is great help

Cheers.

hillbrook

Re: leasing a shop in Koh Samui

Post Posted: Sun Jun 01, 2014 3:56 am

hillbrook before jumping in with both feet and signing a lease agreement you might want to think about your visa and work permit status and company formation.

Be aware you can only can only hold 49% of the co. shares and that Thais will have 51%

What type of visa do you intend to get? Be aware there is a big crackdown on visas at this time.

If you want to work yourself, perhaps as manager, to get a work permit you will need to provide jobs for, I think its, 4 Thais.

Its many years since I was there, but I would imagine in the area you refer to, rents will be steep. Then there'll be key money to be paid as well.

You could Google a co. called Sunbelt Asia, they should be able to give good advice.

i havent been visiting Chaweng for 5 years now and i love it

Did you mean "I have been visiting.... ?"

Lancashirelad
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Page 1 of 1

Copyright © 2019 Expat Focus. All Rights Reserved. Use of this website signifies your agreement to the Terms of Use/Privacy Policy. Comments are property of their posters.
Interactive software released under GNU GPL, Code Credits, Privacy Policy