Our monthly newsletter contains health and financial news, expat articles, social media recommendations and more.
Manager, Social Responsibility role at UPM in Shanghai
UPM is one of the industry frontrunners in the area of environment and responsibility. The company creates value through responsible behavior, resource efficiency and good environmental performance. Stakeholder relations function, and its Environment and responsibility team, support businesses in matters related to UPM Code of Conduct and environmental performance. Often the cases involve complex interfaces between business and various stakeholders as well as regulatory issues.
UPM Environment and responsibility team is looking for a business oriented
MANAGER, SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY
as of January 1st, 2016. The position is new and reporting to Nina Norjama, Director, Responsibility Development & Support.
The target is to create value through risk mitigation, good social performance and continuous development in close collaboration with our HR function. The focus of the work will be in emerging markets. As Manager you will offer expertize and work very closely together will all UPM businesses, particularly in the area of human rights, working conditions and fair working practices in production and supply chains.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities
• Support social responsibility implementation in UPM and businesses
• Align with group strategy and support HR and business activities
• Contribute to integration of social responsibility into management concepts globally
• Contribute to the company´s tools in social responsibility
• Contribute to the relevant competence development of company staff
• Transfer best practices to the operations
• Stay abreast of stakeholder needs and identify the global issues in the area
• Master´s degree or relevant in the area of social science or relevant
• Excellent business understanding, with experience in at least one business area; more than 5 years’ experience in environmental and/or responsibility field, experience in emerging markets is preferred
• Knowledge of human rights and their role in production, supply chains and related processes including international expectations
• Auditing experience and qualifications
• Fluent English, Chinese is an asset
• Willingness to travel and work in global environment
• Good teamwork and networking skills, active, result-driven and self-directed
The location of the position is preferably Shanghai, possibly also Helsinki.
For further information about the position please contact Nina Norjama, puh. +358 40 555 1035, nina.norjama @ upm.com.
To apply, please submit your online application via the link above by 15.11.2015.
For support with submitting an application, please contact ContactHR @ upm.com or tel. 020 414 6600.
A security background check may be performed for those selected to UPM positions in Finland, in accordance with the company recruitment guidelines and the Security Clearance Act 726/2014.
UPM is a non-smoking work place in Finland.
Expat Health Insurance Partners
Cigna has worked in international health insurance for more than 30 years. Today, Cigna has over 71 million customer relationships around the world. Looking after them is an international workforce of 31,000 people, plus a network of over 1 million hospitals, physicians, clinics and health and wellness specialists worldwide, meaning you have easy access to treatment.