JOIN OUR FRIENDLY COMMUNITY
Learn from the experiences of other expats and make new friends in our disccussion forums and Facebook groups

READ OUR GUIDE TO MOVING ABROAD
The Expat Focus Guide to Moving Abroad contains everything you need to know when planning an international relocation available now, completely free

COMPARE QUOTES AND SAVE MONEY
Insurance, FX and international movers

LISTEN TO THE EXPAT FOCUS PODCAST
The Expat Focus podcast features interviews with expats living abroad and service providers meeting their needs subscribe today!

EXPERT FINANCIAL ADVICE & SERVICES
From our tax, investment and FX partners

The Perfect Phuket Day

Discussion forum for expats moving to or living in Thailand.

Reply to topicReply to topic
Forum FAQSearchView unanswered posts

The Perfect Phuket Day

Post Posted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 2:51 am

by Expat Focus columnist, Anne O'Connell

Living in a paradise that many see as a tourist destination does tend to increase the likelihood of visitors. As we have lived in such places for a while now, we’ve perfected the visitor strategy so that we balance the time we play tour guides with the time we must stick to our guns and continue life as usual (which for me includes chunks of time for writing and working on client projects).

The wonderful thing about having visitors is that we can then play tourists in our own town and explore new places and perhaps re-visit some of our favourites. Since our guests tend to vary in age and levels of ‘adventuresome-ness’ we do have to adjust accordingly...

Read more here.

Carole
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Re: The Perfect Phuket Day

Post Posted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 2:48 am

i'm excited to visit. I also want to try and visit the island that was in the movie "the beach". I heard that ait was a little bit of a tourist trap now, but i still wanna check it out.

my blog

barry113

Post Posted: Mon Nov 30, 2015 4:37 pm

Phuket is wonderful. Diving is a must. Must try.

crismos

Post Posted: Mon Dec 21, 2015 7:05 pm

Phuket of course is a peace of Paradise Smile

DimkaCAD

Post Posted: Sat Dec 26, 2015 1:16 am

Oh, I love it. Phuket is truly the melting pot of nationalities from around the world. Many foreigners come first time to Phuket and get a taste of relaxed lifestyle. They return here for a few more times and finally take up decision - this is it, “this is my home”. This is exactly what happened to me. My wife and I are planning to invest in some property here, like one of these listed at http://phuket9.com/rawai-vip-villas-new, despite the fact that the island may seem a bit pricey because of excellent infrastructure and higher standard of facilities and services been upgraded for years at the high cost. I was wondering if there's any way to rent it out later?

thimerse

Page 1 of 1

Copyright © 2019 Expat Focus. All Rights Reserved. Use of this website signifies your agreement to the Terms of Use/Privacy Policy. Comments are property of their posters.
Interactive software released under GNU GPL, Code Credits, Privacy Policy