±A - Subscribe to Our Newsletter
Our monthly newsletter contains health and financial news, expat articles, social media recommendations and more.
±A - Join Our Community
±A - Read Our Guide
±A - Compare Quotes and Save
±A - Listen to the Podcast
±A - Expert Financial
±A - ExpatFocus Partners
Moving to Malaysia and sarting a business with Malay spouse.
I'm looking to move to Malaysia in few years and start a business with my Malaysian spouse.
I'm basically looking for people who already went through this with registering a business and immigration who could give few pointers how to avoid basic hurdles along the way.
Looking info on things like:
1) how did you handle the work visa? Using LTSVP?
- there are quite a few requirements in LTSVP for both foreigner and malaysian spouse. And being self employed through your own company probably changes the process quite a lot.
2) any pointers about company registration?
- did you do everything by yourself or use some agent/company as help?
- company structure?
- what requirements did you need to fulfill? (paid up capital, etc...)
3) what was the order of things you did this?
- visa before registering the company or other way around?
- this seems bit of an chicken and egg problem because you need an employer (your own company) before you can get work visa. And you can't really work before getting the visa...
Expat Health Insurance Partners
Bupa Global is one of the world’s largest international health insurers. We offer direct access to over 1.3m medical providers worldwide, and we settle directly with most so you don’t have to pay up front for your treatment. We provide access to leading specialists without the need to see your family doctor first and ensure that you have the same level of cover wherever you might be, home or away.
Cigna has worked in international health insurance for more than 30 years. Today, Cigna has over 71 million customer relationships around the world. Looking after them is an international workforce of 31,000 people, plus a network of over 1 million hospitals, physicians, clinics and health and wellness specialists worldwide, meaning you have easy access to treatment.