±JOIN OUR FREE NEWSLETTER
±Compare Expat Providers
±Expat Focus Partners
±Latest Financial Articles
· Life Down Under – 10 Things You Didn’t Know About Living In Australia
· The Top 5 Things American Expats Need To Know When Filing US Taxes Abroad
· Expat Focus Financial Update April 2018
· Expat Focus Financial Update March 2018
· Moving Abroad, Before And After Brexit
· Expat Focus Financial Update February 2018
· How To Navigate Brexit When Sending Money Abroad
· Expat Focus Financial Update January 2018
· Top Tips for Buying a Property Overseas in 2018
Wanting to move to Canada, any help is greatly appreciated!
Subforums: Property for Sale/Rent
My girlfriend and I met in 2015 at a summer camp in New York and I want to know what options I can look into to move over to Canada and work/live there. She has applied for a masters in Edinburgh so hopefully they'll accept her and I'll have a year + to work on this dream. I've lived with her in total for around 7-8 months in total in Canada since October 2015 and we've been together just over 18 months.
- Graduated with a 2:1 in 2014 - Business Studies with Accounting
- Worked as a butcher for my whole time at university and then worked at a summer camp in New York for 2 summers. Travelled after that around America and then lived with her.
- I have funds too, around £15,000.
I am more than willing to work on any schemes that will help me in making this a reality and as I have mentioned if she gets in to Edinburgh I'll have around 2 years to plan this and work on it.
Thanks for any ideas/input you guys have!
Where are you coming from and what nationality are you both?
When applying and filling in the forms they need to have proof of how long you have been together so keep any emails and Facebook messages showing this along with any flights you may have booked together or holidays ect.
Have you both thought of studying in Canada on a student visa? There are routes in this way too. Lots of information on the CIC website. Good Luck to you both.
Expat Health Insurance Partners
Bupa Global is one of the world’s largest international health insurers. We offer direct access to over 1.2m medical providers worldwide, and we settle directly with them so you don’t have to pay up front for your treatment. We provide access to leading specialists without the need to see your family doctor first and ensure that you have the same level of cover wherever you might be, home or away.
Cigna has worked in international health insurance for more than 30 years. Today, Cigna has over 71 million customer relationships around the world. Looking after them is an international workforce of 31,000 people, plus a network of over 1 million hospitals, physicians, clinics and health and wellness specialists worldwide, meaning you have easy access to treatment.