±JOIN OUR NEWSLETTER
Get useful expat articles, health and financial news, social media recommendations and more in your inbox each month - free!
±Compare Expat Providers
±Expat Focus Partners
±Latest Financial Articles
· Top Tips for Buying a Property Overseas in 2018
· World Events And Currency: Why Politics Affect An Exchange Rate
· Expat Focus Financial Update November 2017
· What Might Brexit Mean For Expat Finances?
· Halloween Traditions in Countries Across the World
· Expat Focus Financial Update October 2017
· How To Make The Most Of Your Retirement Abroad
· Expat Focus Financial Update September 2017
· 10 Things To Think About Before You Move Abroad In Your Middle Age
House in Beautiful Portuguese Country side
Fancy buying a house in the portuguese country side? A yet unspoiled place, away from the hub-bub of
Have you ever thought about owning a house in the portuguese country side? A place of natural beauty and peace. Here’s your chance. After living there for 25 years we are moving. We invested so much sweat and money in this house. With love we evolved it to be our castle. We did ourselves much of the work in renovating the house. For us every stone tells a story.
What’s inside you ask?
- 80 ㎡ of area for the main house 3 bedrooms
- 4000 ㎡ of land from the road to the hilltop
- 20 ㎡ country kitchen with firewood stove
- 2 bathrooms, one being next to the garage
- roughly 500 ㎡ of fenced land with an orchard — figs, apples, pears, mandarines, oranges, persimmons, pomegranates
- 40 ㎡ garage
- automatic entrance gate and garage door
- small low maitenance garden with flower beds and beach pebbles
- fully equiped kitchen — gas stove, fridge and freezer
- parabolic dish for cable tv
- energy performance certificate rating: C
But there’s more. Being located in the Municipality of Castanheira de Pêra in the center of Portugal has to offer also:
- just 6 km from Rocas river beach
- just 10 km from Cabril Dam with nautical sports
- a little more than 2 hours away from Lisbon airport
from there you get to a train that leaves at Pombal which is 30 minutes away by car from the house (50 km)
- 80 km from the sea — Atlantic Ocean
- 50 km from Coimbra
- 90 km from Figueira da Foz
You want to know more, I have a created a dedicated website for my house.
Expat Health Insurance Partners
Our award-winning expatriate business provides health benefits to more than 650,000 members worldwide. In addition, we have helped develop world-class health systems for governments, corporations and providers around the world. We want to be the global leader in delivering world-class health solutions, making quality health care more accessible and empowering people to live healthier lives.
Bupa Global is one of the world’s largest international health insurers. We offer direct access to over 1.2m medical providers worldwide, and we settle directly with them so you don’t have to pay up front for your treatment. We provide access to leading specialists without the need to see your family doctor first and ensure that you have the same level of cover wherever you might be, home or away.
Cigna has worked in international health insurance for more than 30 years. Today, Cigna has over 71 million customer relationships around the world. Looking after them is an international workforce of 31,000 people, plus a network of over 1 million hospitals, physicians, clinics and health and wellness specialists worldwide, meaning you have easy access to treatment.