JOIN OUR FRIENDLY COMMUNITY
Learn from the experiences of other expats and make new friends in our disccussion forums and Facebook groups

READ OUR GUIDE TO MOVING ABROAD
The Expat Focus Guide to Moving Abroad contains everything you need to know when planning an international relocation available now, completely free

COMPARE QUOTES AND SAVE MONEY
Insurance, FX and international movers

LISTEN TO THE EXPAT FOCUS PODCAST
The Expat Focus podcast features interviews with expats living abroad and service providers meeting their needs subscribe today!

EXPERT FINANCIAL ADVICE & SERVICES
From our tax, investment and FX partners

Short term move from Canada

Discussion forum for expats moving to or living in Spain.

Reply to topicReply to topic
Forum FAQSearchView unanswered posts

Short term move from Canada

Post Posted: Tue Jul 09, 2019 8:26 pm

Hello, my sister and I and our 2 children (6 and Cool want to move to Spain short term, 6 months or longer. I want to enroll my daughter in a state school where she can pick up the language. I am fluent ion Spanish and she only knows very basic words. My mother has a house in a village near Burgo de Osma (an hour from the province of Soria), but since the town is so small we were looking to live in a bigger city, possibly near coast, so find work and more schools. Honestly, I feel a little blind here and overwhelmed. I'm not sure what the 1st priority should be, renting a place, school or work.

Has anyone from Canada moved to Spain? Can you tell me your story? Any insights would be greatly appreciated.

Leibasan

Re: Short term move from Canada

Post Posted: Mon Sep 16, 2019 4:32 pm

In all honesty, I would seriously ask you to just stay and live in Spain. There are no special requirements nor paperwork for foreigners wishing to buy property in Spain, so you shouldn’t have any issues. In fact, foreign investment in Spanish property was traditionally encouraged by the government, although this became controversial during the crash when foreign investors found themselves accused of profiting from the country’s woes. It's so much easier when you even have help from places like https://www.realestateespanol.com/ to get you some idea on the properties in Spain. Ask for local advice and recommendations for a broker, to avoid scams and pitfalls. Looking for membership of a professional body is another good choice.

soulie61

Page 1 of 1

Copyright © 2019 Expat Focus. All Rights Reserved. Use of this website signifies your agreement to the Terms of Use/Privacy Policy. Comments are property of their posters.
Interactive software released under GNU GPL, Code Credits, Privacy Policy