JOIN OUR FRIENDLY COMMUNITY
Learn from the experiences of other expats and make new friends in our disccussion forums and Facebook groups

READ OUR GUIDE TO MOVING ABROAD
The Expat Focus Guide to Moving Abroad contains everything you need to know when planning an international relocation available now, completely free

COMPARE QUOTES AND SAVE MONEY
Insurance, FX and international movers

LISTEN TO THE EXPAT FOCUS PODCAST
The Expat Focus podcast features interviews with expats living abroad and service providers meeting their needs subscribe today!

EXPERT FINANCIAL ADVICE & SERVICES
From our tax, investment and FX partners

Urgent Advice - Good place to live Phuket

Discussion forum for expats moving to or living in Thailand.

Reply to topicReply to topic
Forum FAQSearchView unanswered posts

Urgent Advice - Good place to live Phuket

Post Posted: Mon May 15, 2006 4:58 pm

As you can tell from my messages, I am totally at a loss for where to live in Thailand. We are basically governed by the fact that we need to live near a good school (international a must). Our daughter currently attends private education in UK and we need to follow this curriculum, as my husband's work involves a lot of travelling so its easier for us to stick to this curriculum. We have a 12 month old and she will need to go into the same system. Anyway, we want to settle in Thailand and want to live somwhere great for kids, lots of fun, near to expat community/shops etc, but also away from the noise and hustle and bustle of city live (we do not mind travelling approximately 1 to 2 hours away from any venue). Please can anyone held, which is what we do now in UK! however schools will need to be somewhere between 20 and 30 mins away from where we settle.
Thanks all.

nimjacole

Re: Urgent Advice - Good place to live Phuket

Post Posted: Tue May 16, 2006 5:30 pm

Hello..it's me again. Hope u won't get bored. For your kids, I would suggest you to be in Phuket. There are British International School, Phuket. Established: June 1996 with British Curriculum and International Baccalaureate. You can look at their website: www.bcis.ac.th
I have been there once. It is not so far from town. Good one in Phuket.
Good luck!
Khunsee

khunsee
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Post Posted: Tue May 16, 2006 5:34 pm

By the way, Dulwich International School has changed the name to "British International School" last year.

khunsee
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Post Posted: Tue May 16, 2006 10:37 pm

Hi again, your advice is very welcome. I did realise today that the school had changed names. I just wanted to know an area near to the Bristish International School that is quiet and away from the crowds that would be good to bring up kids, let me know if you can help or anyone else in that area. I've heard the school has a good rep, my husband will be visiting the area soon so wanted a starting point really in terms of where to live and seek out some properties around that area. We plan to rent for a little while.

nimjacole

Post Posted: Wed May 24, 2006 6:24 am

There are a couple of very good English schools on Samui, i think that the latest being the Dulwich one which uses the English carriculum. There is also a very good one owned and operated by a Singaporean educator called Raymond who also runs the CHALEE bungalows resort at Bang Rak's Big Buddha Beach. This one is also strictly English.

HappyD
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Post Posted: Tue May 30, 2006 8:27 pm

Thanks for your reply. I have heard good things about the schools in that area and I think we might just start off there. I am hoping to get my dd into school by the next term (Jan 07). I think we will miss this one as we have so much to get organised. I dont want her to board but want to be able to live nearby the school, or a short distance. What is Samui like?

nimjacole

Page 1 of 1

Copyright © 2019 Expat Focus. All Rights Reserved. Use of this website signifies your agreement to the Terms of Use/Privacy Policy. Comments are property of their posters.
Interactive software released under GNU GPL, Code Credits, Privacy Policy