JOIN OUR FRIENDLY COMMUNITY
Learn from the experiences of other expats and make new friends in our disccussion forums and Facebook groups

READ OUR GUIDE TO MOVING ABROAD
The Expat Focus Guide to Moving Abroad contains everything you need to know when planning an international relocation available now, completely free

COMPARE QUOTES AND SAVE MONEY
Insurance, FX and international movers

LISTEN TO THE EXPAT FOCUS PODCAST
The Expat Focus podcast features interviews with expats living abroad and service providers meeting their needs subscribe today!

EXPERT FINANCIAL ADVICE & SERVICES
From our tax, investment and FX partners

Refinancing UK property from Thailand to release equity

Discussion forum for expats moving to or living in Thailand.

Reply to topicReply to topic
Forum FAQSearchView unanswered posts

Refinancing UK property from Thailand to release equity

Post Posted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 10:09 pm

I have been married to a thai lady for the last 6 years and we are very interested in purchasing a small hotel / guesthouse in thailand and then emigrating to thailand to run it, however to finance any purchase we want to release the equity we have in the 2 houses we own in the UK, is it possible to refinance these properties or more specifically, can we refinance the available equity we have in these 2 properties from thailand?

I have no problem at all in doing everthing under my wifes name as she is alowed to own land and property in thailand.

Any help or information you can give me would be most appreciated.

Thank you for your time.

STUART

lup3nlup3n

Re: Refinancing UK property from Thailand to release equity

Post Posted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 4:53 pm

Hello Stuart,
I live in Spain and have just refinanced one of my houses in the UK from Spain, the only problem I had was to sign the paperwork, but getting from Spain to the UK is very cheep on the low cost airlines. If I were you I would do all the Financing from the UK then buy in Thailnd, that would help you the most.

Good Luck in whatever you do

David SR

Advice is free, learning by experience can be costly.

European Swaps A place to Swap or Exchange your home on a permanent basis.

Countryboy
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Post Posted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 5:00 pm

Spot on,
Yes you will at some stage need to return to the uk to sign papers etc. Do it before you go,
However, would I be right in thinking that maybe you do not want to re-mortgage yet, but go safe in the knowledge that you will be able to, if you need?

researcher
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post Posted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 9:37 pm

Stuart if it is not too late, I have helped a couple of my clients re-finance on property in the UK whilst based here in Thailand. Let me know if you need more information.

Mitch Malone\r\nManaging Director\r\nFirst Choice Group Holdings\r\n"Living In Thailand" Newsletter\r\nwww.1st-choice-homes.com

kmm290859

Post Posted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 3:00 pm

Hi Mitch,
Does that only apply to UK..............i am in oz !

HappyD
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Page 1 of 1

Copyright © 2019 Expat Focus. All Rights Reserved. Use of this website signifies your agreement to the Terms of Use/Privacy Policy. Comments are property of their posters.
Interactive software released under GNU GPL, Code Credits, Privacy Policy