JOIN OUR FRIENDLY COMMUNITY
Learn from the experiences of other expats and make new friends in our disccussion forums and Facebook groups

READ OUR GUIDE TO MOVING ABROAD
The Expat Focus Guide to Moving Abroad contains everything you need to know when planning an international relocation available now, completely free

COMPARE QUOTES AND SAVE MONEY
Insurance, FX and international movers

LISTEN TO THE EXPAT FOCUS PODCAST
The Expat Focus podcast features interviews with expats living abroad and service providers meeting their needs subscribe today!

EXPERT FINANCIAL ADVICE & SERVICES
From our tax, investment and FX partners

investor/retirement visa -thailand if i got a few mill bhat?

Discussion forum for expats moving to or living in Thailand.

Reply to topicReply to topic
Forum FAQSearchView unanswered posts

investor/retirement visa -thailand if i got a few mill bhat?

Post Posted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 12:56 am

Hi,
My boyfrind and I wanna settle in thailand after we marry. We just wanna stay together in a nice country together, by some residence or long term visa. We visited thailand a few years ago and think its ok.

We are both retired in sense we dont need to work or do a job in thailand. We are europeans and just wanna stay in a nice country long term. we dont want a work visa anywhere. we rather just give some money and get a residence/retirement visa in any country..including thailand.

I heard somewhere that you can get a retirement visa in thailand if u got loads of money and are above 50 yrs. However, we both are about 30 years, so i was wondering if we just invest a bit of money in thailand and stay there with some investor/retired status visa?

Someone told me to buy property in thailand..but i dont know how excatly thats gonna help us avoid 30 days visa runs. Money is not an issue..but we dont want to be staying on a visit visa long term.

any advice? only real life experiences please.
if u have managed to get a similar status stay it would be helpfull if you could give us a detailed reply and contacts. thanks, roma

rajouu

Re: investor/retirement visa -thailand if i got a few mill b

Post Posted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 5:49 pm

I have the retirement visa & yes you must be 50 or 50+ to qualify for this visa.
For under 50s, there is a special visa requiring deposit of THB3m for each applicant. There are a number of requirements to be satisfied & of course, you will be forbidden to work. There are other websites which deal with this visa specifically. The visa must be extended annually.

mahatma

Page 1 of 1

Copyright © 2019 Expat Focus. All Rights Reserved. Use of this website signifies your agreement to the Terms of Use/Privacy Policy. Comments are property of their posters.
Interactive software released under GNU GPL, Code Credits, Privacy Policy