JOIN OUR FRIENDLY COMMUNITY
Learn from the experiences of other expats and make new friends in our disccussion forums and Facebook groups

READ OUR GUIDE TO MOVING ABROAD
The Expat Focus Guide to Moving Abroad contains everything you need to know when planning an international relocation available now, completely free

COMPARE QUOTES AND SAVE MONEY
Insurance, FX and international movers

LISTEN TO THE EXPAT FOCUS PODCAST
The Expat Focus podcast features interviews with expats living abroad and service providers meeting their needs subscribe today!

EXPERT FINANCIAL ADVICE & SERVICES
From our tax, investment and FX partners

Conman in Bangkok

Discussion forum for expats moving to or living in Thailand.

Reply to topicReply to topic
Forum FAQSearchView unanswered posts

Conman in Bangkok

Post Posted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 10:27 pm

There is an English conman in Bangkok for the property investment expo this weekend. His name is Stephen Cleeve and the company is called European Land Sales. Actually, it's not a company, it's a partnership because Cleeve is not allowed to be a company director because he was caught in another scam and banned for eight years.

Details available at www.stephencleeve.com

Be CAREFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rebecca

RebeccaT

Re: Conman in Bangkok

Post Posted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 1:54 am

Conmen, and con-women, too, are surprisingly common among expats in this part of the world.
Most of us living here have learned to be the most careful around other Westerners.

-- Peter

Peter4
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Post Posted: Wed May 31, 2006 11:57 pm

LOL... I met a guy in BKK who would every day be in the same cafe as me - always in suit and tie - and always had the alarm set at intervals on his mobile phone. He would answer and pretend to talk billion dollar oil deals.

Eventually he introduced himself and said he worked for the USA government arranging oil deals, of course hinting that there were opportunities for me to get in on it. A less street wise person may have been taken in but I knew he was staying at a 500 Baht per night hotel

always look deeper than the mere words

deehdee

Post Posted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 6:55 pm

I know one scamster who has been selling phony investments for a long time--moves around sukhumvit area--goes by many names but Don is a popular one-

They scam via mobile phone-calling people all over the world and offereing special deals on penny stocks

Asia Expats Forum

asiaexpat

Post Posted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 10:28 pm

One called Trevor in Phuket, he even managed to con BBC after Tsunami and got on TV!

SJ18

Page 1 of 1

Copyright © 2019 Expat Focus. All Rights Reserved. Use of this website signifies your agreement to the Terms of Use/Privacy Policy. Comments are property of their posters.
Interactive software released under GNU GPL, Code Credits, Privacy Policy