JOIN OUR FRIENDLY COMMUNITY
Learn from the experiences of other expats and make new friends in our disccussion forums and Facebook groups

READ OUR GUIDE TO MOVING ABROAD
The Expat Focus Guide to Moving Abroad contains everything you need to know when planning an international relocation available now, completely free

COMPARE QUOTES AND SAVE MONEY
Insurance, FX and international movers

LISTEN TO THE EXPAT FOCUS PODCAST
The Expat Focus podcast features interviews with expats living abroad and service providers meeting their needs subscribe today!

EXPERT FINANCIAL ADVICE & SERVICES
From our tax, investment and FX partners

Non Immigration Visa

Discussion forum for expats moving to or living in Thailand.

Reply to topicReply to topic
Forum FAQSearchView unanswered posts

Non Immigration Visa

Post Posted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 5:28 pm

Hello

I am hoping to retire to Thailand in 2007. As far as I can see I meet all the necessary criteria. I have 3 questions which are all related.

1. Should I apply for a Non Immigration visa type O-A from a Royal Thai Consulate in the UK before I leave, or apply for a Non Immigration visa type O (90 day stay) and apply for a 12 month extension once in Thailand. I have heard that the later is the easiest route.

2. My husband does not qualify for the retirement/long stay visa due to his age. I have read that he can go as a dependent on a Non Immigration visa type O. On the Royal Thai Consulate website (Hull) it says that he will have to leave Thailand every 90 days. Is this correct or have I misinterpreted it wrongly?

3. I see that I need proof that I do not have a criminal record. The British Embassy in Bangkok has advised me to get this from the Metropolitan Police Authority. Where in Thailand would I get this notarised? Sad

Georgina Powell

gp6755

Re: Non Immigration Visa

Post Posted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 11:54 pm

Apply for Type O and change it to OA retirement in Thailand with required documents (bank book, police & medical letter etc) You have to report every 90 days to local office with appropriate documents.

Pretty sure spouse can extend 0 visa every 90 days as well on basis of your retirement visa.

Regarding proof of no criminal record, UK Thai consulate should be able to notarise it. Same with medical letter.

For more exact info go to www.thaivisa.com forum, visa threads, this is being discussed at the moment.

SJ18

Page 1 of 1

Copyright © 2019 Expat Focus. All Rights Reserved. Use of this website signifies your agreement to the Terms of Use/Privacy Policy. Comments are property of their posters.
Interactive software released under GNU GPL, Code Credits, Privacy Policy