JOIN OUR FRIENDLY COMMUNITY
Learn from the experiences of other expats and make new friends in our disccussion forums and Facebook groups

READ OUR GUIDE TO MOVING ABROAD
The Expat Focus Guide to Moving Abroad contains everything you need to know when planning an international relocation available now, completely free

COMPARE QUOTES AND SAVE MONEY
Insurance, FX and international movers

LISTEN TO THE EXPAT FOCUS PODCAST
The Expat Focus podcast features interviews with expats living abroad and service providers meeting their needs subscribe today!

EXPERT FINANCIAL ADVICE & SERVICES
From our tax, investment and FX partners

buying a property in hua hin

Discussion forum for expats moving to or living in Thailand.

Reply to topicReply to topic
Forum FAQSearchView unanswered posts

buying a property in hua hin

Post Posted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 11:24 pm

I am considering buying a small bungalow in hua hin. Could anyone recommend an area/development/good builder. If you could offer any advice at all I'd be gratefulThank you.

Musicman

Re: buying a property in hua hin

Post Posted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 6:16 am

Hi Musicman:

Your profile has you residing in the UK and your post only makes menion to you buying a small condo, based on those I have assumed you have given careful consideration to the issue of buying land in Thailand (as a foreigner).

As for locations of codos in and around Hua Hin, as you may know Hua Hin is considered a quiet area in Thailand popular with those who have retired. Personally I actually like it, but if you are looking for fun then you would most certainly want to be looking to live in the more central "downtown" area of Hua Hin.

If peace and quiet are fine with you, 2 areas around Hua Hin are popular, one just to the north and between Hua Hin and Cham Am is popular as you get the benefit of both these great Thai "fishing' villages. This is also roughly where HM the King has his Summer Palace. The other is to the south of Hua Hin and is being newly developed.

Personally I prefer the area just to the north, but I have a friend who recently rented a place to the south and I can certainly see the charm of living where he does.

If you would like to know more about hiring a builder, can I suggest you try out the Hua Hin forum on www.thaivisa.com

Best of luck

SM Wink

Sumitr_Man

Post Posted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 8:59 am

Hi musicman:

Hua Hin is nice and now booming again. Condos & resorts spring up everywhere. Better make sure where your bungalow locates and how far from the beach and/or from town. One good thing about Hua-Hin is that it's considered as a "clear town" for family with good places for Jazz and music lovers, unlike Pattaya which considers as a sin city though.
To buy some property there, I have website that you may check with them. I don't know them personally, but found in the suppliments of the magazine. You may take it as a guide line. www.huahin-property-shop.com

Good luck and enjoy sea-sun-sand in Hua-Hin

khunsee
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Post Posted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 11:26 am

Thank you I can make a start now. If you have any more thoughts I'd love to hear from you. Thank you

Musicman

Post Posted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 1:32 am

Hi MusicMan,

I just wanted to welcome you to Expat Focus and our forums, thanks for joining us!

I hope your search for builders etc goes well, let us know how you get on. Hua Hin sounds like a nice place to be. Good luck Smile

Jo

Jo James
Expat Focus
Web: www.expatfocus.com
Blog: www.expatfocus.com/blog

jojames
Expat Focus Administrator

Page 1 of 1

Copyright © 2019 Expat Focus. All Rights Reserved. Use of this website signifies your agreement to the Terms of Use/Privacy Policy. Comments are property of their posters.
Interactive software released under GNU GPL, Code Credits, Privacy Policy