JOIN OUR FRIENDLY COMMUNITY
Learn from the experiences of other expats and make new friends in our disccussion forums and Facebook groups

READ OUR GUIDE TO MOVING ABROAD
The Expat Focus Guide to Moving Abroad contains everything you need to know when planning an international relocation available now, completely free

COMPARE QUOTES AND SAVE MONEY
Insurance, FX and international movers

LISTEN TO THE EXPAT FOCUS PODCAST
The Expat Focus podcast features interviews with expats living abroad and service providers meeting their needs subscribe today!

EXPERT FINANCIAL ADVICE & SERVICES
From our tax, investment and FX partners

Registering in Germany

Discussion forum for expats moving to or living in Germany.

Reply to topicReply to topic
Forum FAQSearchView unanswered posts

Registering in Germany

Post Posted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 3:10 pm

I am looking for some advice and help from anyone that has registered in Germany. I have been to the Bürgeramt and registered here but I now know I need to apply for my residency permit. I am a UK Citizen and self-employed and from what I know I need the following to do this:
- Passport
- Passport photos
- Proof of Income
- Proof of Insurance

Anything else I need, or any experiences you can share with me?

Thanks

Tarquin

Re: Registering in Germany

Post Posted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 3:21 am

Hi there, you should not need a residency permit given you are EU citizen.
However, you local council may want to sell you one... Smile

Birgit
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Post Posted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 7:03 pm

do a search here should give you everything you need

timhortonsman
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Post Posted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 9:56 pm

Hi,
I did this whole procedure 2 years ago, but then I worked for a big chain of hotels. When I start there I went to the "Rathaus" to register me, (where you will live- the address, with whom and etc.). After that I went to the " Arbeitsamt" to register me that I'm working legal in Germany( where
you will work- the company name, the posission on which you are...).
Don't forget that if you are working in Germany legal, at the end of the year you have to go to the " Finanzamt".

If you are living in Germany without to work, then is easier- you don't have to do all this things...just to register where you are living with whom and from where you have your money for that.
If you want to ask some other ? , then you can ask your embassy in Germany what exactly is needed to be done...

Have a nice time in Deutschland!
forget-me-nott

www.bulgariancoastalproperties.com

forget-me-nott
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Page 1 of 1

Copyright © 2019 Expat Focus. All Rights Reserved. Use of this website signifies your agreement to the Terms of Use/Privacy Policy. Comments are property of their posters.
Interactive software released under GNU GPL, Code Credits, Privacy Policy