JOIN OUR FRIENDLY COMMUNITY
Learn from the experiences of other expats and make new friends in our disccussion forums and Facebook groups

READ OUR GUIDE TO MOVING ABROAD
The Expat Focus Guide to Moving Abroad contains everything you need to know when planning an international relocation available now, completely free

COMPARE QUOTES AND SAVE MONEY
Insurance, FX and international movers

LISTEN TO THE EXPAT FOCUS PODCAST
The Expat Focus podcast features interviews with expats living abroad and service providers meeting their needs subscribe today!

EXPERT FINANCIAL ADVICE & SERVICES
From our tax, investment and FX partners

Hua Hin Hospitals

Discussion forum for expats moving to or living in Thailand.

Reply to topicReply to topic
Forum FAQSearchView unanswered posts

Hua Hin Hospitals

Post Posted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 7:45 pm

I am considering Hua Hin as a place to retire to in early 2007. I will be coming with my husband and elderly mother. I am a little concerned regarding the hospitals in Hua Hin as I have read a number of articles on various forums and to be quite honest they do not sound very good. We will of course be buying health insurance. Could anyone put my mind at ease regarding this or should I look for somewhere else to live?

Georgina Powell

gp6755

Re: Hua Hin Hospitals

Post Posted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 2:36 pm

Sawasdee ka: Greeting from Thailand.
Hua-Hin is a nice place for retiring. Good weather and beautiful beach with lots of things to do. Our beloved King stays at his beach-palace in Hua-Hin. So you don't need to be worried for any security reason. For your concerned about healthcare and hospital, there are several private hospitals in Hua-Hin. But the one that quite popular is San Paulo Hua-Hin Hospital. There are English speaking staffs and doctors due to the increasing numbers of expatriates in Hua-Hin, not only tourists. you may check through www.sanpaulo.co.th for more information. Hope it would help you lessen your worried.
Take care
Khun See

khunsee
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Post Posted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 12:21 pm

Georgina,

I was also a bit concerned about this initially, since we're relocating to Hua Hin later this year, and my mom (who is recently retired and will very likely visit for extended periods) just went through chemotherapy.

But, in addition to Khun See's excellent advice, keep in mind that Hua Hin is only about two hours outside Bangkok. So, for everything except emergency care, you also have reasonable access to any of the health facilities there. If there are any checkups or "maintenance" procedures with which you need to deal, then it's certainly perfectly reasonable to use the hospitals and clinics in Bangkok. Smile

-- glitch.@#$%!

_

glitch

Post Posted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 1:30 pm

Hi Glitch: welcome to Thailand. and obviously you choose the right place to stay. I really want to move there myself but my work won't allow me to. By the way, can you tell me how to add emoticons in the text, please? I tried several times but failed! Thanks..Khun See

khunsee
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Post Posted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 7:46 pm

- khunsee

Hi Glitch: welcome to Thailand. and obviously you choose the right place to stay.

Thanks Khunsee! We were just down there before Songkran, and it's really starting to pick up. It was amazingly busy, even compared to only a year ago when we first visited. I'm hoping the 'progress' cools down a little, and we don't end up in another Pattaya. However, I'm still very hopeful because most of the falang we've run into are either retirees or entire families (with kids) from abroad. And of course, it remains popular with Thai tourists, which leaves me optimistic.

- khunsee

I really want to move there myself but my work won't allow me to.

Ugh! Sorry to hear that. I only just got out from under a job that kept me pinned down for a few years, so I can relate. Hope something works out for you soon though!

- khunsee

By the way, can you tell me how to add emoticons in the text, please? I tried several times but failed! Thanks..Khun See

Okay, I think I know what you're probably doing. You're merely scrolling to the bottom of the page and typing your message into the "Quick Reply" box, correct? All right, don't do that. Instead, look directly above that box. You'll see three buttons labelled, "New Topic", "Reply", and "Print Topic".

If you click on the actual "Reply" button, you'll get a screen that gives you far more options than the "Quick Reply" box at the bottom of the message thread -- including a whole box to the left of the screen full of "Emoticons", within which you can merely click on a particular smiley to add it's code to your message.

There are some other ways to add smilies to your post, but give that one a shot to begin with. Very Happy

-- glitch.@#$%!

_

glitch

Post Posted: Mon May 15, 2006 11:28 am

Very Happy Yes! I think i can do it ...Thanksss
So sorry for you that you ran to the "Bangkok's Songkran festival"..Now Bangkokian are struggling to find good place to go for family trip. Pattaya is not the right place as for bar girls everywhere..Hua Hin is the place for our King. So we found it the good solution at the moment. Songkran is the hottest holidays for all Thai to reunite with their families and pay respect to the parents. The traffic to go to Northeastern & Chiengmai are blocked by the buses every year. Trains are all full. Normally i stay in BKK. It is a paradise..as no traffic at all!
This month I also escaped further down to Pranburi and almost end of Prachub Kirikhun province. It was really clean and calm. However, I found some resort building for Scandinavian poping up. I think they all want to run away from the city though. But I don't know why I have been there 2 times already this month..Just blame my luxury instinct!
Take care.
Khunsee

khunsee
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Post Posted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 1:37 pm

Hello there

Forgive the late reply but I've only just signed up for this mob.

I've lived in HH for around 2 years & I love the place -- wouldn't dream of living anywhere else in Thailand. However, the medical situation could be better. Confused

As someone else said, there is San Paulo, which does have many English-speaking staff but seems to prefer plastic surgery to regular medicine, & so that's where a large chunk of the budget goes. I've only had out-patient dealings with them, with no complaints so far, so I can't judge their in-patient care.

There is also the government-run Hua Hin Hospital to the north of town (very close to my home), which is due to be completed (much) later this year. The government is pumping tons of money into this project to make it a hospital fit for a king -- literally! There will be one floor for the royal family only! The government claims that this will be the best hospital outside Bangkok, but maybe they're a bit biased!

Personally, I would use local facilities for minor, out-patient care -- but make sure that my insurance covers my going to Bangkok for more serious stuff. This may change as HH develops but that's how I see it at present.

Any other questions, don't hesitate to ask! Wink

Hua Hin, Thailand -- where Quality of life is not just an empty phrase! huahin.tk/

Troopie

Page 1 of 1

Copyright © 2019 Expat Focus. All Rights Reserved. Use of this website signifies your agreement to the Terms of Use/Privacy Policy. Comments are property of their posters.
Interactive software released under GNU GPL, Code Credits, Privacy Policy