JOIN OUR FRIENDLY COMMUNITY
Learn from the experiences of other expats and make new friends in our disccussion forums and Facebook groups

READ OUR GUIDE TO MOVING ABROAD
The Expat Focus Guide to Moving Abroad contains everything you need to know when planning an international relocation available now, completely free

COMPARE QUOTES AND SAVE MONEY
Insurance, FX and international movers

LISTEN TO THE EXPAT FOCUS PODCAST
The Expat Focus podcast features interviews with expats living abroad and service providers meeting their needs subscribe today!

EXPERT FINANCIAL ADVICE & SERVICES
From our tax, investment and FX partners

SHOULD I MOVE FROM HERTFORDSHIRE (U.K) TO CHAING MAI?

Discussion forum for expats moving to or living in Thailand.

Reply to topicReply to topic
Forum FAQSearchView unanswered posts

SHOULD I MOVE FROM HERTFORDSHIRE (U.K) TO CHAING MAI?

Post Posted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 4:30 pm

Hi there, i've just come back from 7 months travelling in South East Asia, Australia, New Zealand where i had a great time. To cut a long storey short i meet this Thai girl in Bangkok, before i go on let me just say that she wasn't a bar girl or anything like that, she worked in a book shop and taught English. I spent 2 months with her and she now want's me to go and stay with her in Thailand. I'm from the u.k. and i'm back here now at the moment. I'm just wondering if anyone has any advise on life in Thailand, visas, work, money, change in culture, speaking thai, where to live, etc. Or maybe you just think i'm crazy to think about the idea?

ALL THE BEST LOOK FORWARD TO HEAR ANY ONES POINTS OF VIEW

JARMAN

Re: SHOULD I MOVE FROM HERTFORDSHIRE (U.K) TO CHAING MAI?

Post Posted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 3:41 am

Many others do it. Just be very very careful about getting married too soon

Visit thailand regularly, have many ex pat friends living there

HappyDave35

Re: SHOULD I MOVE FROM HERTFORDSHIRE (U.K) TO CHAING MAI?

Post Posted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 9:02 pm

Nobody ever seems to follow up on postings in this forum. What happenned Jarman?

Unless you are well qualified at degree level you will find it very difficult to get a job in Thailand..... & if you get caught working there without a work permit, YOU WILL be deported.

Last edited by Lancashirelad on Wed Apr 30, 2008 9:03 pm; edited 1 time in total

Lancashirelad
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Page 1 of 1

Copyright © 2019 Expat Focus. All Rights Reserved. Use of this website signifies your agreement to the Terms of Use/Privacy Policy. Comments are property of their posters.
Interactive software released under GNU GPL, Code Credits, Privacy Policy