JOIN OUR FRIENDLY COMMUNITY
Learn from the experiences of other expats and make new friends in our disccussion forums and Facebook groups

READ OUR GUIDE TO MOVING ABROAD
The Expat Focus Guide to Moving Abroad contains everything you need to know when planning an international relocation available now, completely free

COMPARE QUOTES AND SAVE MONEY
Insurance, FX and international movers

LISTEN TO THE EXPAT FOCUS PODCAST
The Expat Focus podcast features interviews with expats living abroad and service providers meeting their needs subscribe today!

EXPERT FINANCIAL ADVICE & SERVICES
From our tax, investment and FX partners

Meeting people

Discussion forum for expats moving to or living in Thailand.

Reply to topicReply to topic
Forum FAQSearchView unanswered posts

Meeting people

Post Posted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 6:31 pm

Hi, I moved to BKK a little while ago but am finding it a little hard to meet people here. I live on Silom and I'm in my mid 20s I like playing sports and hanging out. If anyone fancies a game of squash or dinner etc please get in touch!

sophieJ

Re: Meeting people

Post Posted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 8:55 pm

Hi Sophie, this is something that's often mentioned here:

www.thaivisa.com/forum/

look for the Ladies in Thailand section just short of 1/2 way down the page.

(just tell them Lancashirelad sent you ;-))

Lancashirelad
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Post Posted: Thu May 22, 2008 10:23 pm

Hi Sophie,

I'm Sarah and work on Silom Rd. and also live in the Silom area.

Have been here for two months and so far almost only met thai people that work in hotel with me or people who are travelling through so would be nice to meet someone who I can easily communicate with!

I'm 22 years old and doing my internship here which will last 6 months, so will be here until the end of September. Hope you read this, you can get in touch with me through my email: sarahjanebuswell @ gmail.com
I work quite a lot, but usually have time in the evening to have a drink or something.

So just let me know!

Sarah

Sarahbuswell

Post Posted: Sat May 24, 2008 1:01 pm

My name is Indra, a 48 yr male from indonesia.I am also a newbie in thai, is there anyplace where all the expat from all nations can meet and sharing their experience about Thai and also their home country ??
I can be reach at +66897663060 or lidi2004 @ yahoo.com.
It will be nice to sip some coffee and chat about our experiences touring around the world...
Anybody who wants to know and want to go to Indonesia or Malyasia can contact me at the above address
cheers

I am a male with interest on meeting people from all over the world

Raindra

Post Posted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 3:36 pm

Hi Sophie,

I was in BKK only a few weeks ago and I had such a great time I have decided to live there from next February. I am also in my mid 20's and wil be living in the same area as you.

It would be great if we could go out for dinner at some point. On my holiday a few weeks ago I was taken to a great restaurant called Good View (not sure if you have heard of it) but I would definitly be up for going there. I hope you like chicken in banana skins!!!!

I also play squash and pool, although I have to confess I am a little on the competitive side, I apologies in advance if I take the game a little too seriously.

I look forward to hearing from you and hope we can see each other in February.

Take Care
Very Happy

botters

Page 1 of 1

Copyright © 2019 Expat Focus. All Rights Reserved. Use of this website signifies your agreement to the Terms of Use/Privacy Policy. Comments are property of their posters.
Interactive software released under GNU GPL, Code Credits, Privacy Policy